We are looking for a savvy entry level Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. As a member of the team you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The entry level Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of services products and data initiatives.
What you’ll achieve
As an entry level Data Engineer, you will be responsible for managing and organizing data, while also building solutions to determine trends and inconsistencies that will impact business goals. You will be working with different teams within Dell on customer facing reporting / web applications.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture and assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiencies and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader and to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Entry level experience and Bachelors/Master in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong expertise with object oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala etc.
- SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) and familiarity with a variety of databases (i.e., relational SQL and NoSQL databases including Postgres, MSSQL, Teradata, and Azure)
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.
- Experience with cloud services: PCF, Kubernetes.
- Comfortable working in Linux Env, building shell scripts and using GIT for source control versioning.
- Experience with Java/Scala.
- Experience building REST API’s using FAST API/Django frameworks.
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.