- Research Triangle Park, NC
- Philadelphia, PA
Are you looking to expand your expertise as a Data Engineer within a global environment that allows you to keep pace with the speed of change? At GSK, we are transforming how new technologies are used to improve performance across the organization.
Guided by our shared values, the platform team thrives in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. As a Data Engineer – Enterprise Data Analytics Platform you will be in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Develop sustainable data driven solutions with new data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers
- Build robust end-to-end systems with an eye on the long term maintenance and support of the application
- Leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization
- Handle multiple functions / roles for the projects / Agile teams
- Work with established standards across the team and organization
- Understand complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems
- Contribute to building a framework of a significant complexity
- Work with internal team of data engineers (both full-time associates and/or third party resources)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years coding, or at least 3 years experience in data warehousing or at least 3 years in unstructured data environments
- 1 years experience in Azure cloud technologies Azure
- 1 years experience in big data technologies (Cassandra, , HBase, Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB, Zookeeper, or similar)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master’s Degree in fields such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, related discipline or military experience
- Agile experience is preferred
- 1+ years experience in Azure cloud technologies and other cloud data platform like AWS, MapR, Cloudera, Google Cloud
- Comprehensive understanding of data ingestion and preparation processes. Experience in semantic data store (Azure SQL DW/Snowflake, Cosmos DB), PowerBI, Azure Databricks, Data Ingestion/Acquisition/Prep (Azure ADF, StreamSets, Talend) are desirable.
- Experience building and operating in a regulated environment (GxP, Sarbanes-Oxley)
- Experience with API and Microservices technologies/architecture
- Understanding of IAM and authorization (RBAC and ABAC)
- Understanding of container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes), streaming technologies (Kafka), and automated testing patterns and tools a plus
- 5+ years experience with NoSQL implementation (Mongo, Cassandra, etc. a plus)
- 5+ years experience developing Java based software solutions
- 5+ years experience developing software solutions to solve complex business problems
- 5+ years experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL
- 5+ years experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL
- 5+ years experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
- Familiarity with data science tools and concepts
- Experience in industry, i.e. code committer, published, white paper, etc.
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.