Data Engineering Advisor
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as Data Engineering Advisor on our Enterprise Services Data Solutions team working USA Remote.
Our Services Data Solutions team applies leading-edge technology and techniques in bringing scalable Hybrid-Cloud data solutions to our internal and external business partners and clients. This role will be working with internal business teams and some external partners in providing core data engineering support for Data Engineering and Data Science projects, including Enterprise Services tech support for server storage infrastructure clients.
As Data Engineering Advisor you will have a technical, hands-on opportunity with a heavy focus on acquisition, curation and integration of multi-source data for consumption in a Hybrid-Cloud ecosystem.
This is a high-growth area with plenty of opportunities to enhance your skill set and build your career.
- Engage with internal customers and stakeholders to analyze business goals, define project scope, and identify functional and technical requirements; Work closely with program managers and developers in support of team projects/initiatives
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable data solutions, optimizing hybrid-cloud technology stacks to produce fast, reliable, and accurate business insights
- Participate in and provide thought leadership to strategic plan development specific to big data and other analytics solutions
- Develop and automate business reporting, dashboards, and executive readouts; Build/maintain analysis, monitoring, and productivity tools
- Architect and build automated foundational data processes, integrating data quality monitoring and alert systems
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent combination of experience and education; Experience to include:
- Technology experience: Azure Cloud Services-ADF, AML, ADL Gen2, Delta Lakes, Databricks; Python, Scala; Strong proficiency in T-SQL language; AKS/Kubernetes; Streaming technologies such as Kafka, Event Hubs, Azure Stream Analytics; MS Power Platform
- Experience in quickly learning new Tools/Technologies as required; and Experience working both independently and in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment; Demonstrated passion for innovation and the application of emerging data technologies to the delivery of cutting-edge data solutions
- Solid verbal/written communication and presentation skills and experience, including clearly articulating pros and cons of various big data platforms and solution design approaches to audiences of both technical and non-technical peers and leadership
- Experience working with key business metrics, business analysis datasets, and dataset relationships
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.