Exciting minds with our Future Leaders Graduate Program – Data Science
Education required: BS, MS or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Math, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering. Graduation by Spring/Summer 2020. Cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher
Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in your native language and English
Start date: September 2020
- Location mobility and willingness to relocate domestically and potentially internationally
- Must be eligible to work in the US at the time of, and for the duration of employment. Employees will be required to furnish evidence of US work authorization. Applicant must NOT require future sponsorship for an employment visa status
*You can apply to only one Future Leader Program in the U.S.
Application deadline: We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for Data Analytics leaders of the future
Are you a highly capable graduate ready to utilize your skills and knowledge (coupled with the latest technology and processes) to help us deliver billions of packs of medicines to our patients every year? If so, there’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
Develop your career
Our Data Science Future Leaders Graduate Program will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You will receive a generous personal training budget and be supported by a technical mentor. You’ll get to meet senior leaders and network with other graduates. You’ll also improve your technical skills while gaining valuable leadership expertise. It all adds up to a role that’s designed to transform talented graduates into key, senior figures.
You’ll have up to three stretching rotations within our Biopharm manufacturing excellence area. These rotations will provide you with the knowledge, technical capability and confidence to be highly successful in the position and beyond. During this time, you will have the opportunity to interact with other graduates for training and networking events. You will undertake a number of core training and personal development courses to quickly bring you up to speed with GSK values and expectations.
By joining the GSK Data Science Future Leaders Graduate Program, you will gain unique experience in the growing field of data science within the pharmaceutical industry and learn how to combine complex data from a range of sources. You will obtain skills in data analytics and statistics and learn how to perform analyses on multiparametric datasets to test hypotheses to improve our processes. Exceptional skills in scientific communication and data visualization will allow you to work effectively with leaders and team members by, for example, designing a dashboard to present datasets and analyses clearly and in ways which facilitate understanding and deliver new insights. You will gain insights into influencing business decisions with data to answer specific questions and provide organizational insights for objective, data-driven decision-making.
In your role you can expect to:
- Work on data analytics and machine learning projects – using your skills and knowledge to transform our business – from manufacturing lead times to cost of goods, from quality analysis to planning & scheduling – there are a wealth of opportunities to make a difference
- Interact with experts from across the Biopharm team and with commercial partners to evaluate and implement new data handling solutions
- Be a driving factor towards a culture shift of the pharmaceutical industry using data science and machine learning in the manufacture and delivery of pharmaceuticals
- Deliver high quality analyses and visualizations of data to expedite decision-making
- Implement innovative analytical and IT solutions that are capable of handling large multiparametric datasets
- Contribute and take a role in defining strategy and success in this area
- The ability to work with and build relationships with key stakeholders
- To be self-motivated and proactive
- The ability to adapt to change and stay focused under pressure
- To be analytical and process driven
- Excellent communication skills and a gift for solving problems
- A genuine interest in the healthcare industry
Our Future Leaders Graduate Program is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don’t have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the program have worked while studying or after graduation. If you’ve already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this program, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.