Development & Partnerships Manager (For JUMPs Client)
Acumen and Jump Recruits are looking for a Development & Partnerships Manager in the Bay Area.
Acumen is looking for a Development & Partnerships Manager with a minimum of 5 solid
years of fundraising, partnerships, or sales experience to join our San Francisco team.
We’re looking for a pro-active, outgoing person with a strong record of fundraising,
sales, or managing strategic partnerships. The individual thrives on building relationships
and is interested in innovative and entrepreneurial solutions to tackling poverty. This role
will have an office in San Francisco, but can work remotely within California (preferably
Acumen’s mission is to change the way the world tackles poverty. By harnessing the
power of entrepreneurship and partnering with leaders across industries, we provide
tools to communities to help themselves move out of poverty. From a fintech platform
that leverages data to create equitable financial access and bridge the US racial wealth
gap to a greenhouse in a box solution that mitigates the effects of climate change for
farmers in India, we invest in leaders and businesses upending systems and building a
brighter future. Since Acumen’s founding in 2001, we’ve invested $146M, impacted over
400M lives, and trained and engaged a community of 1M changemakers across 193
About Development & Partnerships
We are a forward-thinking, strategic and collaborative team where everyone rolls up
their sleeves together to get the job done. We think of our roles beyond simply
fundraising. We sit at the nexus of philanthropy and investing, and serve as the conduit
between Acumen’s work and the broader world. We fully lead our respective regions
and channels, bringing that spirit of entrepreneurship into our own roles.
About the Role:
This role will manage fundraising activities and relationships for a core group of donors
in the West Coast community. The West Coast is home to some of the greatest
innovators of our time – from the forward-thinking ingenuity of the tech sector to the
creative brilliance of the entertainment world. Our donor base is reflective of that. This
role has the unique opportunity of bridging the gap between social impact and the
venture capital world in a community widely renowned for creating some of the most
successful entrepreneurs of our time. Your focus will be cultivating, closing and
managing your own relationships with individuals, corporations, and foundations while
managing an existing portfolio of donors. You will bring new partners (donors) into our
community and are comfortable working toward a $500K – $750K personal fundraising
goal. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
● Identify, cultivate and close funding 5-figure gifts while enhancing Acumen’s
visibility, access, and influence.
● Build a broad network of individual, corporate, and institutional donors
● Maintain existing partner base across the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles,
and Seattle; we have a committed community of partners and this is a chance to
strengthen and deepen this base
● Support the build out of Acumen’s legacy planned giving program. Prior
experience with planned giving is a plus!
● Build strategic relationships with key advisors and connectors, and develop
multi-year engagement plans with Acumen donors
Community Management & Events
● Collaborate with Head of West Coast D&P to determine the vision and execution
of events to build out and engage the West Coast community
● Identify creative ways to cultivate and enhance Acumen’s presence across the
West Coast community
Qualifications and skills:
● At least 5 years of work experience in philanthropic business development, sales,
and/or relationship management, with key experience in generating a pipeline
and raising revenue
● A capable networker with a track record of building and maintaining strategic
relationships. Relationships within the philanthropy and impact investing
ecosystem are a plus.
● A proactive, independent person who is looking to manage their own
relationships and schedule
● Effective storyteller who consistently communicates (verbally and in writing) in a
● A willingness to take risks and ability to address complex issues creatively and
● Effectively collaborates with and across teams, seeks and provides constructive
● Ability to define a path forward and recommend solutions in the face of
● Self reflective and aligned with Acumen values
● Permanent authorization to work in the US
● Local travel within the West Coast required; International travel optional.
JUMP Recruits is your full-service diversity and inclusion partner, dedicated to providing inclusion, opportunity and successful career outcomes for diverse professionals and employers seeking quality diverse talent. We are excited to re-shape the face of your workforce, one step at a time.
The mission of JUMP Recruits is to improve access to career and job resources for diverse talent while cultivating the inclusive corporate cultures needed for companies to achieve record-breaking results with our data-driven recruiting solutions.
JUMP Recruits Diverse Talent. Dynamic Results.
JUMP Recruits was founded by Cedric Chambers on the idea that every ethnically diverse person deserves a chance at a successful career. After 10 years of experience working in corporate recruiting and human resources, he discovered that there are many forward-thinking companies looking to hire qualified, diverse talent and that with the right tools, resources and guidance they could create the cultures and business successes they were after.
JUMP Recruits was created to prove the idea that diverse talent could be successful in the world's most sought after and high demand jobs. With data-driven solutions, JUMP Recruits is able to develop and implement diversity recruitment programs for employers while offering the advice, support and training necessary for diverse candidates to excel in their careers.