This role supports the development and execution of the enterprise-wide diversity and inclusion strategy. Provides oversight, guidance, and support to the Inclusion Resource Groups. Develops and coordinates diversity and inclusion communications and coordinates internal and external events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Research and Benchmarking: Uses internal and external research to identify trends and best practices to assess risks associated with diversity and inclusion programs and practices; collaborates with team members and business partners to develop new or improved programs.
- Resource Group Oversight and Management: Oversees the activities of Inclusion Resource Groups by providing structure, identifying areas of opportunity, and holding groups accountable for results; tracks communication to identify best practices for engaging with Resource Groups.
- Event/Program Management and Coordination:Builds and maintains relationships with diverse suppliers, vendors, and groups; budgets and schedules ancillary events related to employer branding; partners with internal business partners to provide guidance and execute events to increase associate engagement.
- Copywriting:Develops digital collateral and copy for internal and external print.
- Reporting and Analysis: Works with leaders to report metrics and status of programs to enable leaders to assess impact and make informed decisions; partners with leadership to assess ROI of their efforts and in particular employer branding events.
- Change Management: Provides support and tools to aid in diversity and inclusion change initiatives.
- Project Management: Participates on, leads and/or manages cross-functional project teams.
MINIMALLY REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Cultural Engagement: Advanced knowledge of techniques and approaches to foster an enterprise-wide culture of diversity and inclusion. Ability to execute engagement strategies to promote the company’s culture in achieving business results.
- Organizational Communication: Advanced organizational communication strategies to increase impact of communications and associate engagement of internal programs, changes and experiences. Ability to implement associate communication strategies including cascades of key messages and action plans.
- Relationship Management: Advanced skills in leveraging effective working relationships and influencing key stakeholders in support of business goals. Ability to mend and reinforce broken or strained relationships.
- Communication:Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking:Advanced organizational and planning skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Learning and Career Development: Foundational knowledge of trends, concepts, principles and current practices in the learning and career development field.
- Process Improvement and HR Systems: Foundational skills with interpreting data analytics and trends to recommend solutions. Foundational knowledge of intranet and mobile/social technologies.
- Recruiting: Foundational knowledge of recruiting strategies, principles and practices in alignment with workforce and succession plans.
- Rewards and Recognition: Foundational knowledge of L Brands total rewards philosophy and strategy to attract and retain associates through the design, delivery, and success of total rewards programs.
- Judgment: Advanced knowledge and ability to make and model sound judgments based on principles, values and business arguments.
- Project Management: Advanced knowledge of and ability to apply core project planning and management principles, guidelines and practices.
- Labor Law and Compliance: Foundational knowledge of HR law and regulations as they relate to diversity and inclusion.
- Business Acumen:Foundational knowledge of the business structure, operations and key leaders to understand points of connection, alignment, standards and processes.
- Software Applications:Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, database and internet applications.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed- oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Labor Relations, Human Resources, Communications, Women’s and Gender Studies or related field; or a combination of education and work experience that yields the minimally required competencies
- 2 years related experience with exposure to Human Resources or Diversity and Inclusion, with exposure to Talent Acquisition, Learning and Career Development, and/or Leadership Development
JUMP Recruits is your full-service diversity and inclusion partner, dedicated to providing inclusion, opportunity and successful career outcomes for diverse professionals and employers seeking quality diverse talent. We are excited to re-shape the face of your workforce, one step at a time.
The mission of JUMP Recruits is to improve access to career and job resources for diverse talent while cultivating the inclusive corporate cultures needed for companies to achieve record-breaking results with our data-driven recruiting solutions.
JUMP Recruits Diverse Talent. Dynamic Results.
JUMP Recruits was founded by Cedric Chambers on the idea that every ethnically diverse person deserves a chance at a successful career. After 10 years of experience working in corporate recruiting and human resources, he discovered that there are many forward-thinking companies looking to hire qualified, diverse talent and that with the right tools, resources and guidance they could create the cultures and business successes they were after.
JUMP Recruits was created to prove the idea that diverse talent could be successful in the world's most sought after and high demand jobs. With data-driven solutions, JUMP Recruits is able to develop and implement diversity recruitment programs for employers while offering the advice, support and training necessary for diverse candidates to excel in their careers.