As a Digital Technology Specialist, you will drive the identification, support, training, development, and delivery of next-generation digital technologies within the organization that enable new ways of working and drive efficiencies that will significantly improve the workflows to ultimately benefit the patient.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Provide rapid hands-on support, troubleshooting, and training of our digital technologies to ensure seamless utilization and adoption to change current ways of working across Upper Providence (UP) and Upper Merion (UM) GSK facilities (Flexibility to travel between UP & UM will be required, ~14 miles)
- Evaluate and integrate new analytical digital technologies and/or software into the business where there is a clear benefit to implementation
- Identify bottlenecks, and/or systematically evaluate and/or assess root causes of errors in the processes, discriminating between inefficiencies arising from human, software, hardware, firmware, and/or chemical sources.
- Deliver digital solutions to eliminate common failure modes
- Be responsible for the technical support, transfer, implementation, and/or management of Digital Technologies and their associated processes
- To develop a strong understanding and relationships of GSK business areas and stakeholders respectively in order to identify and deliver opportunities to solve unmet needs
- To present on applications as the technical expert within a variety of settings to colleagues and stakeholders
- Act as a technical resource for the APPM team and fielding questions within the role’s expertise.
- To stay informed of upcoming technologies by attending and/or potentially presenting at technical conferences and/or liaising with internal and external collaborators
- Work closely with Validation, Compliance, and Tech to implement and improve the digital technology including but not limited to: systems, including hands-on testing of software and hardware, and verification of data integrity and conformance to business procedures.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors in Analytical/Bio Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent with 2+ years’ experience working in a pharmaceuticals, biopharm, or product development environment
- Familiarity with digital technologies (e.g., Spotfire/Dashboarding creation, smartglasses, AR/VR/MR, etc.,) for process improvement, troubleshooting processes, data retrieval, process data, and visualization and support non-GMP/GMP activities
- A proficient understanding and application of laboratory automation
- Broad knowledge of commercially available automation and/or digital solutions and vendors
- Exceptional people skills including organizational and communication skills (both written and oral), with the ability to liaise with colleagues and collaborators at all levels
- Excellent communication skills and ability build relationships
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced degree in Analytical/Bio Chemistry, Biotechnology, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years’ experience working in a pharmaceuticals, biopharm, or product development environment
- Programming skills a plus (e.g., C, C++, Java, Python, etc.,)
- Strong background with various digital technologies (e.g., Spotfire/Dashboarding creation, smartglasses, AR/VR/MR, etc.,) for process improvement, troubleshooting processes, data retrieval, process data, visualization, and support for non-GMP/GMP activities
- Experience in identifying solutions around digital technologies (experience with Apprentice Field Suite or similar related applications a plus)
- Experience in small and/or large molecule processes and methodologies
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.