Director 1 - Facilities Operations
Provides the direction, oversight, and coordination of all functions and activities of the Facilities Management Departments, including Engineering, Plant Operations, and Facilities Management. The Director will assume overall responsibility for the safe and efficient functioning, maintenance and operation of all buildings, equipment, machinery, systems, and grounds keeping. Will direct, plan, coordinate and is administratively and professionally responsible for the proper installation, operation and maintenance of uninterrupted light, heat, power, water, and monitoring systems of all health system buildings and services. The Director has oversight of budgets, staffing, short and long range planning, program development, policy and procedure for all Facilities department, construction/renovation operations, landscape operations, campus planning, skilled trades’ contractors, maintenance and repair programs and energy management. Work in partnership with the owner representative for construction activities. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and regulatory agencies, efficiency of services and delivery of optimal customer service.
- Plans, improves, and maintains owned and leased facilities and equipment.
- Provides strategic leadership and vision for departments.
- Provides coordination and direction in the design, review, and specifications of construction and remodel projects with architects and administration. Monitors day to day activities and work on Engineering, Plant Operations, Aesthetics and Grounds. Provides oversight as needed for contractors and construction managers.
- Directs, manages and coordinates with the functional authority for planning, organization, control and integration to ensure completion of projects.
- Negotiates project contracts with the direction of the Vice President.
- Manages activities concerning technical development and scheduling.
- Establishes and manages budgets and productivity targets. Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project and department budgets.
- Ensures maintenance of physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems, and grounds are in operative and safe working condition at all time.
- Responsible for constant state of readiness to comply with DNV, Life Safety and Emergency Preparedness survey inspections, preparation and document requirements.
- Ensures that the health system is in compliance with all local, state, and federal codes and regulations. Assists in gathering information and assembling files for State Health Inspections.
Employees in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Sodexo no later than February 28, 2022, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
After February 28, you must be fully vaccinated before you can start work. Fully vaccinated by February 28 means:
- Obtain the first dose of a two-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022; and the second dose no later than February 28, 2022; or
- Obtain one dose of a single-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022;
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee minor construction work and manage other core Sodexo services, and or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, and concierge services.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 5 years
Basic Functional Experience – 5 years
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.