Director, Americas Territory Sales Management, REMOTE U.S.
Horizon Discovery, now part of PerkinElmer (PKI), have combined life science research and applied genomics portfolios to deliver an innovative suite of solutions that support scientists on their journey through drug discovery and development. Horizon’s services and reagents, which leverage gene-editing and modulation technologies, are now complemented by PerkinElmer’s imaging, detection, automation and LabChip platforms to better enable critical elements of the drug development and therapeutic value chain, particularly in precision medicine.
Horizon Discovery has a rewarding and exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated, and successful leader for the position of Director, Americas Territory Sales Management region who has a proven track record of leadership and can provide deep insights into the space in which Horizon operates. We require an individual who will be able to function and thrive in an evolving organizational structure.
Position’s Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting into the Global Head of Sales of Horizon Discovery, you will be a key member of the commercial and senior leadership team (SLT) and you’ll be responsible for managing the Territory Sales (TSM) organization working across the US and Canada regions.
This role is expected to be remote based, managing a team of remote staff. Applicants based in any US location near to a domestic travel hub will be considered with a preference for California or the East Coast United States
- Full responsibility for sales revenue generation and commercial activity for the region. Working together with the Global Head of Sales, Regional Sales Heads and sales team to establish/execute a territory sales plan that supports the goals and growth of the business.
- Building products and services market in the US sector with an emphasis on Biotech, Research Centers, Hospitals, SMEs in Academia and Clinical Labs.
- Demonstrated high level abilities in using data analytics and metrics, including CRM software, to drive for performance within the teams, contribute significantly to the evolution of performance criteria within the sales management group and utilize these to speak to the business with Horizon Business Unit Leaders, PKI leadership and finance teams
- Work closely with finance counterparts to interpret data to direct the business strategy and focus of the teams. Constantly ‘push’ for bolstering and driving the growth of the sales pipeline that focuses on increasing sales to new target customers in the US all while increasing general brand awareness in the customer segment.
- The successful candidate must have demonstrated abilities in leading by example with strong leadership values and be able to influence effectively, cross functional stakeholders and obtain buy in at senior levels across the organization
- Exhibit professional leadership behaviors with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s core values, policies, and practice
- Be inspiring and leading in employing creative and lateral approaches and solutions to sales execution within the region
- Focus on hiring and retaining top talent for Horizon’s Commercial team
- Create a high level of business connections within top existing and new client accounts to help foster complete account alignment.
- Work closely in partnership with other functions
- Business Unit Management team to:
- Strategize on addressable markets and execute tactical plans
- evaluate the acceptance/onboarding of new projects utilizing required technical knowledge / skills
- Marketing Head to forge and drive tactical campaigns
- FAS Head to continue to ‘refine the process’
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Biological Sciences. Master’s or higher degree preferred.
- Over 5 years experience of successfully managing commercial teams selling into the Life Sciences market including sales experience with both products and services, including selling into Academic, Government, Pharma and biotech.
- Successful track record of leading and developing a sales organization to consistently exceed revenue targets. Have an established network of relationships with key decision makers and KOLs in pharma, biotech, and/or academia
- Demonstrated track record of developing and successfully deploying targeted commercial strategies
- Ability to communicate Horizon’s value and expertise in high-level vision/strategy customer discussions and at conferences
- Has the ability to command leadership credibility from within the peer group
- Embodies Horizon’s cultural values and company culture during a period of integration and change
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new developments within the organization, embrace change and execute the new plan
Technical and Markets
- Broad understanding of how CRISPR and RNAi are used across the drug discovery process, including how to align Horizon’s products/services in a way that adds value to our customer’s business.
- Excellent technical knowledge of the Life Sciences market and Drug Discovery workflows, ideally with previous exposure to Gene Editing and Gene Modulation technologies
- Sufficient technical depth to understand the application of our products and services in the workflows and markets we serve
Communication and Relationship Building
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills (written and verbal) and empowerment capacity to inspire others to develop their talents and abilities
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- You should be open to both sharing experience and learning from other members of the team to foster a collaborative environment and philosophy
- Must be able to thrive within the changing and evolving environment of Horizon and Perkin Elmer
- Ability to travel across the North America region in order to meet the needs of the role
- Ability to operate within a resource / process limited environment
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally in a large and complex organization in a biotech industry, but also having the ability to roll up their sleeves and get things done.
Financial and Business Management
- Superfluous knowledge with business analytics tools and ability to effect change through data interpretation
- Able to build and present business plan, budgets, project plans, etc.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.