Director, Content Writing (Proposals)
Sodexo is seeking a Director, Content Writing (Proposals) to join our Proposal Development Center! Our Proposal Development Center is the epicenter of excellence for our sales organization and this role leads the content team at the heart of the department. You will manage a team of two managers and 10-12 writers in developing compelling messaging across all business segments. You will guide writers in aligning client/prospect needs with our solutions. Through an innovative use of persuasion, effective communication, and a command of the AP Stylebook, you will help enable Sodexo to put our best foot forward in presenting the value of our solutions.
This is a Remote Role and candidates can reside in any state!
The successful candidate will:
- Manage content creation across business segments, ensuring comprehensive and accurate boilerplate language, ready to use in proposals and presentations; lead the content review process
- Ensure rigorous quality control standards, conduct quality reviews for drafts of proposal responses.
- Oversee management of database content, maintaining accurate, up to date content.
- Maintain quality relationships with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and stay current on product and positioning updates for core contents.
- Oversee style guide standards and ensure that content is aligned with corporate guidelines.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- 5+ years’ experience supporting a B2B sales organization with at least 3-5 years leading proposal management and presentation development
- 3+ years of experience leading teams in dynamic environments
- Strong writing and content management experience
- Experience responding to RFPs/RFIs
- Experience managing a proposal content database (RFPIO preferred)
- Superior time management, planning and organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, and quality decision-making skills
- Familiarity with AP Stylebook and standard
- Ability to be agile, flexible, and adaptive
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects; detail-oriented and organized
Compensation: Base salary $115-158K + Annual Incentive Plan (AIP)
The Creative Content Lead is responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content across multiple platforms and formats to achieve our business and sales goals. The Creative Content Lead provides content leadership and messaging direction to a team of writers maintaining high quality standards despite pressing deadlines; always striving to do work right the first time. This position is responsible for connecting the messaging approach to the sales and business strategy. The Creative Content Lead is responsible for supporting his or her peers within design and operations in managing senior client relationships, creating workflow efficiencies, and providing full-service support to clients. The Creative Content Lead must be able to convincingly present messaging strategies to all parties. This person must exhibit outstanding messaging judgment and guide the content team in achieving the highest possible standards appropriate for all materials regardless of medium. The Creative Content Lead obtains a working knowledge of clients’ business challenges, and leads innovative and conceptual solutions to address those challenges, getting personally involved on high profile and complex content challenges.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 5 years
Basic Functional Experience – 5 years
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.