The IT Digital Therapeutics (Dtx) Capability Management Leader performs a critical role in the organization with significant impact on the development and life cycle of digital therapeutics. This senior position has accountability for end-to-end delivery of the Dtx technology capabilities and primary delivery leadership on the 3year Dtx product roadmap.
The IT DTx Leader is accountable to program sponsors and program leaders for the execution of the global integrated product platform(s) by delivering differentiated digital capabilities and adhering to security, data privacy, regulatory, and product requirements. The IT DTx Capability Management Leader partners with external DTx solution providers in implementing their solution with oversight and guidance from BMS IT technical area leaders, and ensure the team has necessary resources and capabilities to execute on the approved integrated product roadmap. An essential accountability of this role is to define and document the DTx framework and delivery model for future engagements in this space.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
- Manages the build and run of digital therapeutics technology product assets
- Accountable for technical delivery of the Dtx integrated IT Portfolio in alignment with the Dtx product roadmap
- Partners with business and IT stakeholders to define, plan for, prioritize, deliver & support strategic digital therapeutic capabilities and ensure maximum value is achieved. These IT Business Partnering and DCM stakeholders include Supply Chain, Cybersecurity, Data Protection, Solution Architecture, Web/Mobile, User Experience, Business Continuity, Cloud Computing, IT Quality Management, Validation, Partner Enablement, Patient Safety, Help Desk Services, and BI&A Reporting
- Identify support structures in collaboration with the program leadership team, to maintain and evolve the platform and services
- Define 3-year digital capability roadmaps in line with business roadmap & enterprise architecture strategy, focusing on speed, quality, cost, and innovation
- Own and drive a digital therapeutics delivery framework by engaging input from respective technical domain areas such as security, architecture, UX/UI, medical device management, and incorporating external and internal practices (e.g. learn fast)
- Develop and execute an IT strategy to expand IT skills and capabilities to handle a more sophisticated digital therapeutics portfolio that will include support for orchestration of care across an expanding ecosystem.
- Expand the use of external partnerships to leverage platforms and services for medical innovations and their unique requirements
- Manages Total Cost of Ownership (build & run) and the key drivers behind them to ensure the digital capabilities are cost efficient Drive to a high performing team in collaboration with program leadership by establishing and communicating program goals and ensuring clear team member roles and responsibilities, promoting team cohesiveness to optimize performance, and mediating conflict resolution
- Collaborate with program leadership to define BMS’s digital ambition for supporting innovation in diagnostics, therapeutics and care delivery.
- Participate in ongoing development and enhancement of cross-functional team structures, processes, systems, other tools and resources
- Demonstrated ability to be effective and drive results in the face of ambiguity
- Establishes Trust with key stakeholders by demonstrating delivery, and being passionate to provide a product that make a difference in patient’s lives.
- Experience leading in a cross-functional biotech or pharma drug, device and/or software development setting
- Superior cross-functional and cross-company collaboration skills
- Highly effective influencing skills and the ability to operate across multiple geographies
- Strong track record of delivering results through effective team and peer leadership
- Proven experience as a successful, decisive leader in a strategic multi-functional environment
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively with alliances and partners
- Proven abilities to plan, manage, deliver, and support strategic digital capability programs, from concept initiation through delivery and steady-state operations
- Proven ability to develop a high-performing team
- Ability to flex business engagement within business context
- Familiar with Agile, DevOps, and Continuous development practices
- Embraces customer centric IT practices such as UX
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we’re inspired by this single, powerful vision. Passionate and precise, we bring life-saving medicines to people around the world. And we work together with compassion to improve outcomes for the patients who need us most.
We are a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. Innovative science is our passion. Transformational medicines are our goal. Bristol Myers Squibb is committed to discovering, developing, and delivering transformational medicines in areas where we believe we have an opportunity to make a meaningful difference for patients: oncology, immunoscience, cardiovascular, and fibrosis.
We combine the agility of biotech with the reach and resources of an established pharmaceutical company to create a global leading biopharma company powered by talented individuals who drive scientific innovation.
Bristol-Myers Squibb gives you the opportunity to learn and grow professionally alongside smart, creative, and talented colleagues who are committed to helping patients battle serious diseases. Doing amazing things with people you like and admire isn’t something you can find just anywhere.
Our mission to enhance the lives of our patients requires an investment in a strong learning culture. By providing valuable learning opportunities, connecting you to your passion, and helping you achieve your personal aspirations, we are empowering you to make a difference.
- Digital Learning
- Developmental Programs
- Leadership & Management Programs
- Insights for Success
- General Manager Development
- Building Manager Capability
- Coaching & Mentoring