The PerkinElmer real estate portfolio is comprised of commercial office, R&D, laboratory, manufacturing, and training space as well as technical centers in over 37 countries with 122 locations worldwide totaling over 2.5 million SF of office space. More importantly, we recognize and appreciate how space is becoming increasingly important in how work is performed, and how this contributes to the employee experience in today’s organizations.
PerkinElmer is seeking a world class Director, Global Real Estate with responsibility to plan, develop and manage the implementation and execution of a real estate strategy that supports the business objectives of PerkinElmer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate strong leadership by aligning real estate strategy and evolution with business strategies, products and people.
- Develop and implement innovative real estate strategies by country and region, incorporating the latest technology and contemporary thinking (i.e. collaboration spaces; sustainability; alternative energy sources,) to transform the corporate real estate portfolio and employee experience.
- Provide recommendations that will contribute to a more effective real estate portfolio and facility operating model, optimizing investments in our global real estate footprint.
- Compile market data, forecast, budget, and other analysis to support real estate priorities and decision making.
- Manage real estate capital spend and operating budget, setting and delivering on annual budgets.
- Utilize financial skills and acumen to make better business decisions, engage in negotiations, evaluate issues and propose solutions. (i.e. lease vs. purchase, lease renewal vs. relocation vs. consolidation, collaborative and agile spaces vs. traditional office space etc.).
- Conduct on-going workplace portfolio assessments in order to effectively leverage our footprint and optimize our employee experience; track, analyze and report capacity metrics, risks and opportunities to Executive Leadership Team.
- Lead negotiations and finalize contracts with respect to leases, facility vendors, architects, outside legal counsel, real estate brokers, contractors and others as necessary.
- Develop facility and real estate reporting tools (with strong analytics) providing leadership with a clear understanding of the overall real estate portfolio performance on an annual basis.
- Oversee and coordinate ongoing compliance with standards established by regulatory bodies throughout portfolio.
- Manage Waltham-based facilities team and a Singapore based R/E Director who overseas APAC region activities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven track record of developing, executing and managing real estate strategies that meet corporate objectives.
- Proven track record of implementing strategies that drive great employee experiences. Demonstrable understanding of organizational best practices and how space impacts employee engagement.
- Ability to successfully present complex financial and organizational analyses to Senior and Executive Leadership Team.
- Ability to act as an organization-wide change agent, communicating effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Deep understanding of real estate related processes: strategic sourcing, supply chain management, human capital management, facilities management, location management, lease transaction management, design, construction and project management.
- Strong project management skills with experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from design phase through to implementation.
- Ability to collaborate with global executive leaders across the organization to ensure that the long-term strategy of the organization is being achieved through leveraging our space and resources.
- Strong business acumen, organizational skills, analytical skills as well as verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience managing mission critical infrastructure is required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Experience with selection and implementation of building management systems, end-user facility maintenance request systems and vendor invoicing systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Engineering, Finance, Business Administration or Real Estate Management preferred.
- Minimum of ten years in a corporate real estate, real estate planning and technology, talent management and operations, or consulting role with a global organization; experience managing or providing services to a geographically diverse portfolio in excess of two million square feet is ideal.
- Previous experience in one or more of the following business areas is ideal; analytical instruments, genetic testing and diagnostic tools, medical imaging components, software, instruments, and consumables for multiple end markets.
- Experience with property types consisting of collaboration spaces, contemporary office space, R&D, scientific laboratories, customer training centers, manufacturing plants, operations using hazardous materials, FDA regulated facilities and electrical/power and HVAC requirements, security systems and backup solutions is preferred.
- Great people management skills. Problem solving skills a must.
- Exceptional accuracy and organizational skills, attention to detail required.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Exceptional work ethic, high energy, demonstrates urgency, fast pace and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to drive timely completion and closure of all projects.
- Familiarity with international/domestic commercial real estate processes and regulations from the proposal stage through lease or project execution.
- Experience managing international teams in multiple countries and regions, and conversant with international audiences.
- Financial principles and reporting abilities and proficiency in spreadsheet and presentation applications.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.