The Director is responsible for the leadership of an accounting team and the oversight of area(s) of assigned accounting responsibility. Assigned accounting areas will include Conversant’s Commission Junction revenue accounting, customer invoicing, application of revenue recognition principles and policies, collaboration in the development of improved invoicing and cash application systems, financial analysis, and other standard accounting areas. Duties will also include reviewing and approving journal entries and account reconciliations, adherence to and improvement of internal SOX accounting controls and processes, assistance to auditors, and interaction with other departments regarding applicable matters. In addition, this position will own the close process and communicate results to the financial leadership. Also, they will learn the business and the associated accounting flows to be able to handle projects as identified and assigned. Continual process improvement and resource management is key to this position.
- Perform and manage areas of assigned accounting responsibility–primarily Conversant Commission Junction revenue accounting and invoicing management. Assignments may include any of the following: financial statement analysis, general ledger, account reconciliations, or reporting. – 20%
- Assure that assigned accounting tasks prepared individually and by the team are complete, accurate and in accordance with appropriate accounting principles, company policies, and internal control guidelines. – 20%
- Support and train all Conversant business units and departments in response to questions, processes, process improvements, and initiatives. – 10%
- Manage staff to perform efficiently. Provide growth opportunities to develop and retain staff as required. Meet regularly to provide coaching and mentoring. – 15%
- Monitor cash collections for issues with clients or signs of pending problems and escalate issues as they arise. – 5%
- Manage assigned project oriented tasks, including improvement and development of relevant accounting systems – 20%
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reporting as assigned. – 10%
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university
- 10-20 years of accounting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP accounting principles.
- Experience with financial systems (PeopleSoft, Dynamics SL, MAS90 preferred).
- Outstanding analytical and research skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, management, and leadership skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well independently and with others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with associates working remotely.
- Proficient in Excel and other business applications.
- Knowledge of SOX principles and experience working in a public company environment preferred
- Excellent management experience coaching and mentoring staff
- Ability to handle multiple requests by prioritizing and organizing work amongst the team and/or setting and agreeing to appropriate deadlines. Excellent time management.
- Ability and desire to work with remote teams and leverage strength across multiple offices.
- Manage accounting and invoicing for $600 million of annual revenue
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- CPA required
- CMA optional
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.