As our Head of Corporate Communications, you will be the driving force behind the Chargebee voice and brand presence in the market. You will be responsible for all earned media and overseeing multiple owned channels. Your team is responsible for the Chargebee corporate communications strategy including public relations and media outreach, social media strategy and execution, internal communications, and executive thought leadership. You will lead efforts to build and maintain consistency for our corporate messaging across audiences, mediums and channels. You will also help create external go-to-market narrative creation for executives and the company.
You have a passion for storytelling, a deep understanding of public relations strategy, and a love of turning disparate data points and milestones into timely news. And you’re a team player who likes to take a break from talking to agencies and reporters to empower your team and build relationships across the company!
What you will be doing:
- Strategy: Understand how to align corporate communications strategy to overall business goals. Define and execute the corporate narrative, ensuring consistent messaging and positioning.
- Public Relations: Oversee external public relations agencies and maximize their time by providing compelling insights, pitch angles, and clear goals that align with business needs.
- Define the Chargebee news agenda and partner with subject matter experts across the company to uncover storytelling opportunities.
- Executive Thought Leadership: Elevate the voice of the CEO and other key leaders through media interviews, speaking opportunities, and social media engagement. Act as an advisor and coach, ensuring a polished, consistent delivery across channels.
- Crisis Communications: Oversee Chargebee’s crisis communications strategy, keeping the plan up to date, and collaborating with internal stakeholders as needed.
- People Management: Oversee a small team and multiple agency partners to ensure growth and focus.
- Marketing Leadership: You will be a member of the Marketing leadership team tasked with creating the rhythm and content of internal and external communication, strategic objectives (OKRs) for marketing, and building strong cross-functional team relationships.
- Develop and institute communications protocols, best practices, and processes that will drive greater efficiencies in how we work and operate towards a unified global communications program
- 8+ years in public relations or corporate communications, with management experience
- Proven track record developing and executing successful B2B and/or B2C corporate communications and content campaigns.
- Experience applying brand and experience data to measure results, test, learn, iterate and inform decision making and strategy
- Self-directed and able to work and lead proactively, coordinating stakeholder buy-in across teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to distill complex technical concepts into simple and intuitive communications. Excellent slide development skills (graphic talent not required, but a good eye and ability to work in slide formats is required)
- Ability to demonstrate company values in an on-going and consistent way
- Appetite to handle multiple projects at once in an energizing, fast-paced environment
- Experience in Fintech technology or SaaS industry is a plus
Chargebee is a recurring billing and subscription management tool that helps SaaS and SaaS-like businesses streamline Revenue Operations. Chargebee integrates with the leading payment gateways like Stripe, Braintree, PayPal etc. around the world to let you automate recurring payment collection along with invoicing, taxes, accounting, email notifications, SaaS Metrics, and customer management.
We are Globally Local
With a diverse team across four continents and customers in over 60 countries, you get to work closely with a global perspective right from your own neighborhood.
We value Curiosity
We believe the next great idea might just be around the corner. Perhaps it’s that random thought you had ten minutes ago. We believe in creating an ecosystem that fosters a desire to seek out hard questions, and then figure out answers to them.
Customer! Customer! Customer!
Everything we do is driven towards enabling our customers’ growth. This means no matter what you do, you will always be adding real value to a real business problem. It’s a lot of responsibility, but also a lot of fun.