Site Name: USA – Pennsylvania – Philadelphia, Home Worker – USA
Posted Date: May 11 2020
Improve the lives of millions globally, helping them do more, feel better, and live longer, by leading the world’s largest CPG company in our transformation into a data enabled, technology driven culture. As a Data Engineering Lead working for the GSK Consumer Health Global Data and Analytics team, you will be at the intersection of all the things: AI/ML, Cloud enabled Data and DevOps, and Agile ways of working scaled across the globe; applied to all parts of the business: R&D, Supply Chain and Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing. You will lead small, cross functional teams to deliver data products end to end, from inception, to production, to support. You will work with highly talented business stakeholders, data scientists, data product managers, and engineers, on career defining work leveraging the most modern tools available. Innovation will be part of your every day against the vast and endless sea of opportunities that will propel the Consumer Health business to the largest, most successful spin off in corporate history. Come join and be the crucible of change for a better world.
What we ask of you (some, not all, of the below, otherwise, who needs a team?):
Technical Skills and Experience
- Deep technical knowledge of complex (and simple) data architectures, covering all aspects (compliance, risk, security) of enterprise requirements
- Proven history of building and leading cross functional teams to deliver data products requiring real-time, distributed architectures
- A track record of developing and operating platforms at scale within organizations, with extensive expertise in data storage, feature engineering, and latency performance
- Have implemented scalable solutions that can be leveraged in multiple regions and globally
- Solid foundational grasp of core computer science and data structures topics, buttressed by continual learning
People, Stakeholder, and Operational Leadership
- Experience hiring and retaining talent in competitive fields and markets
- An awareness of management principles and concepts like psychological safety, radical candor
- Inspire and serve your team to make the work experience productive, engaging, and fulfilling
- Have worked remotely and/or with distributed teams using the latest tools as aids for team cohesion
- Set team goals through frameworks like KPIs and OKRs that build toward a cohesive collective roadmap
- A technology related BS/MS
- 10 years minimum performing in a data related role
- Leader with hands on keyboard experience, who has been responsible for the hiring and management of teams
- Full SDLC experience
- Big data and cloud experience, with a focus on model training and operationalization
- Have led cross functional teams with data product managers and data scientists
- Have stood up the platforms for model training, and architected the systems for model operationalization
- Responsible for systems in production reaching customers at scale
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, API frameworks, NoSQL, Graph DBs, Cassandra, Redis, configuration management (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform), serverless, monitoring (Splunk, Elastic)
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.