Electro/Mechanical Technician I
Supports manufacturing and field service activities such as design, test, checkout, modification, fabrication, assembly and repair of prototype electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry or specialized test equipment. Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work from schematics, diagrams, written, and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Must be able to perform operational testing and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Must assist in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Must be able to use manufacturing test, development or diagnostic equipment including but not limited to such equipment as oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Must have knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Must have knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Must be able to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Must have knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Must be able to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of experience with hand tools and/or machine tools
- Associate Degree
- Computer literacy
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Must use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Must be able to conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Must be able to independently troubleshoot to determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for up to 8 hours per day.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.