Engineering Technologist - AI & Data Science
The successful candidate for this role will have the ability to bring together knowledge of current and emerging data science techniques with a practical understanding of IT, Cloud and modern computing platforms to help to build platforms and empower the CTO organization’s digital transformation.
As a member of the Technical Staff and the Technology Insights Team’s leadership, you will be responsible for collaborating with other staff technologists to develop new platform architectures, invent new algorithms and validate approaches used by Tech Insights’ data scientist community. You will work with technology teams within CTO as well as across the entire Dell Technologies product community to refine our capabilities in this domain. By joining this team, you will directly impact how Dell learns about, understands and devises strategies to address the landscape of emerging technologies which will be critical to our success.
- Lead early stage research into the application of Digital Twins, Game Theory and other emerging AI enabling technologies for the purposes of developing next generation technology market prediction and intelligence systems
- Drive the evolution of platforms and data science technologies used within the Technology Insights team. Define functional architectures for data analysis systems, from front-end interface to backend signal management and validate the architectures through analysis and simulation with appropriate software tools
- Designing of mixed signal and digital functions, implementation in hardware, firmware or software
- Leading the development of AI training models to the delivery of inferencing systems with sampling, filtering, conversion, digital signal processing functions mostly implemented digitally. Conceive, develop, and present a technology plan for AI workChains.
- Creating or using novel algorithms for AI system applications, Lead and mentor virtual teams of engineers and data scientists.
- Stay abreast of related state of the art hardware components and algorithms and be a subject matter expert in these domains for the technical community.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science and/or Mathematics, or related technical field with direct experience in AI system and algorithm development
- Experience working with engineers across multiple disciplines, such as AI systems including both software and hardware from architecture definition to implementation.
- Experience in the design, test and troubleshooting of AI solutions for digital and mixed signal systems.
- Experience in signal processing algorithms, simulation tools, programming languages, and operating systems. 10+ years of leading analysis, design, integration and test activities for complex AI systems.
- Experience in complex AI algorithm development and implementation (Federated Learning, Transfer Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Explainable AI)
- Experience in the application of Data Science and AI algorithms in the Health Care and Medical Sciences fields
- Experience with architecture, integration, and testing of Deep Learning Neural Net based applications
- Development of digital signal processing functionality for IT systems and a PhD of Science preferred
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.