In cooperation with the IT Director, provides direct and influential leadership of the Enterprise (ERP) Systems Team and other related Enterprise Systems applications, including ERP/NAV Business systems Programmers/Analysts, EDI/eCommerce support and other related Enterprise Systems team members. Act as key BioLegend ERP point of contact with Business Process Owners across the BioLegend and Perkin Elmer organizations to discuss, analyze and manage evolving ERP requirements. As time permits and needs require, also perform some hands-on NAV/other ERP analysis, enhancement development and provide support, as may be required from time to time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitors the BioTech/Life Sciences industry competition, ERP platform market information, user group resources, business process requirements, evolving BioLegend business needs and initiates, and develops, and manages project initiatives and executes enterprise system strategies on behalf of BioLegend;
- Considers enterprise system user requests within the context of BioLegend’s evolving business strategies and goals, the business processes supported, organizational structure, the entire business systems environment, system integration needs, reporting requirements, data integrity/fidelity, business systems lifecycle, SOX requirements, system performance, and data storage and retention needs and recommends and leads the development and implementation of effective solutions;
- Determines strategy and solutions to address user requests and strategic ERP and other related initiatives;
- Manages/coordinates successful ERP and related tool upgrade initiatives;
- Coordinates with and works through IT Operations and IT Security teams to ensure network, server, services, and other ERP infrastructure associated with business systems environments are properly configured and operating correctly, reliably and securely;
- Advises and facilitates discussions and consensus building across different users, departments, and business units to identify the best overall approach to problems and opportunities;
- Negotiates and communicates direction and solution with end-user leadership and requestor including/ involving other users and departments as needed;
- Assigns tasks to individuals on the Enterprise System Team, mentors and directs efforts as needed, including specific topical training and mentorship;
- Identifies needs and facilitates outsourcing in a variety of development situations. Negotiates rates, defines scope, approves statements-of-work, directs development and, oversees and directs such projects to completion, in concert with IT Director and compliance with approved budgets.
- Follows up with employees on assigned tasks to identify completion/delivery dates, resource requirements and obstacles;
- Develops and maintains job descriptions for the team, performs employee goal setting, performance reviews, career development discussions, recommends salary adjustments, hires new employees, provides disciplinary action as needed, and supports the termination of employees where necessary;
- Communicates overall project status to end-users, IT team, and IT Director;
NOTE: Some after-hours support for other BioLegend locations may be required from time-to-time.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science or closely related field.
- 7-10 years of ERP systems lifecycle development/support management experience
- ERP Manufacturing systems experience
- Strong Team/Organizational leadership skills/demonstrated experience
- NAV, MS D365, or other ERP full lifecycle technical management experience, including upgrade and data migration experience
- Experience with Change/Configuration Management, Source Code Control and familiar with related best practices
- Hands-on experience with implementation of NAV/other similar ERP web services
- Experience with multiple NAV/other ERP third-party add-ons
- Able to document code customizations in compliance with established standards and practices
- Able to debug code and processing errors efficiently and effectively
- Able to handle multiple assignments routinely
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Full lifecycle enterprise application development experience
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV/D365 certification
- Expertise with NAV C/SIDE C/AL language
- Jet Data Manager
- Jet Enterprise
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Enterprise/large scale Data Modeling and Process Modeling experience
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture concepts/principles
- Advanced SQL/ETL experience (including an understanding and appreciation of related performance considerations)
- Boomi/Scribe experience
- SalesForce-NAV/other ERP integration
- Web site-NAV/other ERP integration experience
- eCommerce best practices and integration experience
- ERP system integration/best practices
- EDI SPS Commerce (Vantage Point)
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.