The Entry Level Consolidations Accountant will be an integral part of the Corporate Accounting team. The key areas of focus will be supporting the monthly close process, reviewing worldwide results and working with sites to make corrections, resolving accounting issues, and preparing global internal financial statements and financial data to support the consolidated external financials. This position also supports cross-functional finance teams across the organization through maintaining reliable financial reporting which requires an understanding of finance and accounting concepts as well as an aptitude for working with financial systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the monthly submission process into Hyperion from 85-90 operating sites globally.
- Analyze monthly results as they are submitted and identify accounting issues for resolution and correction.
- Discuss unusual trends with regional controllers and site controllers.
- Interface with the tax department, business unit finance teams, and the external reporting team.
- Ensure that accounting and consolidation issues identified in the close are properly resolved.
- Assist in the consolidation of financial statements to generate both internal and external results.
- Help prepare business unit financials and segment results for external reporting purposes.
- Understand internal reporting requirements for business unit financials.
- Be the point of contact for the maintenance of the consolidation system and develop global procedures necessary to support external and internal reporting.
- Work cross-functionally with the FP&A team to understand their objectives and implement changes into the financial reporting system to help achieve finance organization goals.
- Support internal reporting by working with Data Warehouse teams and FP&A staff.
- Maintain the accuracy of the Data Warehouse used by the finance organization for revenue and prime cost of goods sold for internal reporting.
- Reconcile the Data Warehouse to the external reporting system on a monthly basis.
- Analyze high level data and individual transactions to ensure the cost associated with revenue generating transactions are correct.
- Remedy issues with the data by utilizing critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Perform other duties of similar complexity as directed.
- This position is a part of PerkinElmer’s Corporate Accounting group, so additional duties could include, but are not limited to, compliance reporting of various types, restating past results for reorganizations, assisting in the integration of new acquisitions, coordinating accounting between sites, and assisting auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- 2 years of accounting or finance experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to allocate time and resources efficiently while focusing on ever-shifting priorities, and continually seeking ways to improve individual/team efficiency
- Self-starter with the ability to take ownership of projects and performing job requirements with minimal oversight and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Hyperion, SAP, and Business Objects experience is a plus
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.