Environmental Health & Safety Associate
The Environmental Health and Safety Associate supports the Senior Safety Manager by ensuring that site operations are executed in compliance with all safety, health, environmental, and regulatory requirements. This position requires you to be on-site at our customer in South San Francisco.
- Serve as the primary resource for instrumentation vendors to facilitate completion of standard EHS plan prior to site entry
- Interface with the customer and other groups (security, building managers, facilities, etc.) as needed to ensure vendors have the appropriate contacts and resources for work to be performed
- Perform periodic inspections of vendors to determine adherence to all required EHS procedures and EHS plan
- Ensure compliance with PerkinElmer and customer EHS training requirements
- Support safety and environmental site audit processes
- Participate in the incident investigation process, including root cause analysis and identification of corrective action plans
- Assist in inventory of site instrument safety devices as requested by the customer
- Assist in implementing new worker safety rules and regulations to site personnel and management
- Attend customer-based Site Safety Committee Meeting and disseminate pertinent information to field personnel
- 1+ years of experience in a laboratory environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong desire to focus on and/or current focus on safety and health
- Solid interpersonal skills
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.