The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist supports the Senior Safety Manager by ensuring that site operations are executed in compliance with all safety, health, environmental, and regulatory requirements:
- Ensure compliance with internal and customer EHS training requirements
- Implement all current site-based EHS aspects of the Lab Asset Management Program (LAMP) program
- Implement new or updated internal safety and environmental policies as needed
- Support safety and environmental site audit processes
- Participate in the incident investigation process, including root cause analysis and identification of corrective action plans
- Serve as contractor liaison for all company vendors associated with safety and environmental programs
- Interact closely with vendors to facilitate completion of EHS plan (including Job Hazard Analyses) prior to site entry
- Perform periodic audits of vendors to determine adherence to all required EHS procedures and requirements
- Interface with the customer (end users, building managers, facilities etc.) as needed to ensure vendors have the appropriate and necessary contacts and resources for work to be performed
- Assist in inventory of site instrument safety devices as requested by customer
- Generate Job Hazard Assessments (JHAs) as required for relocations and high risk work
- Generate required permits for any high risk work being performed
- Work with Security to check badge access status as needed
- Issue daily passes to vendors who need access to the site
- Escort vendors to their work location, if applicable
- Assist in implementing new worker safety rules and regulations to site personnel and management
- Attend customer-based Site Safety Committee Meeting and disseminate pertinent information to field personnel
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Health and Safety Management, or relevant field.
- 1-3 years of experience in Health and Safety
- Understanding of Lab Safety Environment
- Success working with subcontractors/vendors supporting mutual safety objectives.
- Proven track record of success executing high hazard prevention programs; specifically: LO/TO, electrical safety, machine guarding, etc.
- Experience managing regulatory compliance.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.