Sodexo currently seeking to hire an Environmental Services/ Custodial Manager 2 for our independent school account, EF International Language School in Tarrytown, NY, a 25-acre campus in Tarrytown, a safe, quiet suburb on the Hudson, just a 5-minute walk to local shops, cafés and restaurants, with New York City is just 45 minutes away by train! Sodexo provides all intergrated facility services which includes; energy management, custodial services, skill trade, grounds, and laundry services. They also include hotel type cleaning twice a week for in-room cleaning and changing linens.
This Environmetal Services/Custodial Manager will be respnsible for the 2nd shift with a typical schedule of 1 – 9 pm but must be flexible.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- prior Environmental Service /Housekeeping /Custodial/Maintenance experience;
- strong, proven communication skills;
- the ability to prioritize service needs; and
- excellent customer service skills along with coaching, mentoring and team building coupled with an organized leadership style to drive positive results daily.
Reporting directly to the General Manager your responsibilities will include:
- manage a team of 35+ employees;
- oversees all trash and recycle removal on campus and designated off campus sites;
- assists with ensuring a safe working environment through campus for all employees;
- operates vehicles with safe work practices and caution while efficiently transporting waste materials;
- works with customers to ensure satisfaction in areas of housekeeping services, waste removal, and campus event set-up and tear down;
- operates Custodial equipment including but not limited to wet/dry vacuums, extractors, buffers, sprayers, auto scrubbers and electric carts; and
- demonstrates willingness to perform at a high level in a team environment.
Sound like the opportunity you have been looking for? APPLY TODAY and join the Sodexo Team!
Sodexo offers you a competitive salary, paid training, extensive education and continuous learning opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package designed with work-life balance in mind that includes vacation, sick time during the first year of employment.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
- Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
- Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees
- Coordinate/conduct employee training
- Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)
- Interact with outside vendors
- Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.
- Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified.
- Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.