Sodexo Corporate Services is looking for an Executive Chef 2 to join our team at Toyota Manufacturing Plant in Blue Springs MS! The food operations consists of 1 corporate cafe, 5 micro-markets and catering operations. We serve Breakfast, Lunch and a Late Night Meal. This account is part of a national portfolio and will be supported by the national account and regional teams.
The Executive Chef 2 will be responsible but not limited to:
- Menu Planning-we run a 4 week menu cycle
- Food and labor cost
- Managing a team of 8 hourly employees
- Hands on in the kitchen about 80% of the time
This position offers a traditional Business and Industry, predominantly Monday through Friday schedule, but the ideal candidate will work 1 Saturday a month as we transition back to full service.
Accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (first year pro-rated based on date of hire). Medical Benefits beginning date of hire, and 401K with company match eligible.
Sound like the opportunity you’ve been searching for? Apply today to grow with Sodexo, a world leader in Quality of Life Services
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 2 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Employing over 6,500 people nationwide, SodexoMAGIC is a strategic partnership established for the creation of opportunities to provide food, housekeeping, facilities management, and related services that focus on three pillars.
- Food: We leverage the support of our renowned culinary experts and suppliers to offer innovative concepts, delicious items, and unique dishes geared toward our communities.
- Wellness: Not only do we focus on mindful culinary offers, but we also deliver programs with the goal of maintaining a balanced lifestyle, learning our bodies and staying fit both mentally and physically.
- Community: As we are the communities we serve, we find it most important to truly understand those we interact with daily. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we remain dedicated to the needs of those who make us who we are.
SodexoMAGIC is a joint venture formed in 2006, between Magic Johnson Enterprises, LLC and Sodexo. Mr. Johnson holds a 51% stake in the company and serves as Chairman, qualifying SodexoMAGIC as a NMSDC-certified Minority Owned Business.