The Executive Chef 3 will have total culinary responsibilities including hands on cooking and execution, food cost management, training of culinary staff and overseeing the food safety program with a focus on excellent customer experience
The unit is a high-volume, fast-paced retail cafe with brands and commissary kitchen servicing Disneyland employees. This is not a desk job!
The position will require flexibility in scheduling: shift could be weekdays, nights and weekends.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- manage food costing, controls and compliance
- develop menus and manage inventory
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary / cooking background
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies
- previous experience working in a high volume facility
- multiple unit experience with large volume cafes
- experience with a commissary kitchen that supplies 5 locations – with retail menu – grill, cuisines, salads, and Subway, prep, and scratch soups
- food focus – cooking, menu, training, production and quality
- ability to supervise 55 union FTE’s#
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 3 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Employing over 6,500 people nationwide, SodexoMAGIC is a strategic partnership established for the creation of opportunities to provide food, housekeeping, facilities management, and related services that focus on three pillars.
- Food: We leverage the support of our renowned culinary experts and suppliers to offer innovative concepts, delicious items, and unique dishes geared toward our communities.
- Wellness: Not only do we focus on mindful culinary offers, but we also deliver programs with the goal of maintaining a balanced lifestyle, learning our bodies and staying fit both mentally and physically.
- Community: As we are the communities we serve, we find it most important to truly understand those we interact with daily. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we remain dedicated to the needs of those who make us who we are.
SodexoMAGIC is a joint venture formed in 2006, between Magic Johnson Enterprises, LLC and Sodexo. Mr. Johnson holds a 51% stake in the company and serves as Chairman, qualifying SodexoMAGIC as a NMSDC-certified Minority Owned Business.