JumpRecruits is partnering with SodexoMAGIC looking for an Executive Chef 3 in JACKSON, MS.
SodexoMAGIC on the campus of Jackson State University is seeking a high performer with a proven track record of success for an experienced Executive Chef 3 opportunity in Jackson, MS. This is a temporary resource opportunity.
Looking for an Executive Chef 2, with an aspiration to show his or her skill level. High end cooking and catering skills, able to manage and develop culinary team. Strong computer skills and acknowledgement of food and proper sanitation.
Jackson State University is a diverse, technologically-advanced four-year university steeped in history and committed to preparing its students to become global leaders. We provide a caring and nurturing environment in which to challenge our students to improve themselves and serve others. Designated as a high research activity university, Jackson State continues to enhance the state, nation and world through comprehensive economic development, healthcare, technological and educational initiatives.
The campus dining program consist of 2700 resident boarders; retail operations with National brands (Chick-fa-la, Burger King, World of Wingery, Pizza Hut, Starbucks WPS), SodexoMAGIC Signature brands (Simply to Go, The Market Place and Walter Payton Grill) and Mexican and Deli shops; on- and off-campus catering; and football concessions. The unit has approximately 150 employees.
We are looking for candidates with good presentation skills, the ability to teach and motivate the culinary staff. Along with a strong attention to details.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high-volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 3 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Employing over 6,500 people nationwide, SodexoMAGIC is a strategic partnership established for the creation of opportunities to provide food, housekeeping, facilities management, and related services that focus on three pillars.
- Food: We leverage the support of our renowned culinary experts and suppliers to offer innovative concepts, delicious items, and unique dishes geared toward our communities.
- Wellness: Not only do we focus on mindful culinary offers, but we also deliver programs with the goal of maintaining a balanced lifestyle, learning our bodies and staying fit both mentally and physically.
- Community: As we are the communities we serve, we find it most important to truly understand those we interact with daily. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we remain dedicated to the needs of those who make us who we are.
SodexoMAGIC is a joint venture formed in 2006, between Magic Johnson Enterprises, LLC and Sodexo. Mr. Johnson holds a 51% stake in the company and serves as Chairman, qualifying SodexoMAGIC as a NMSDC-certified Minority Owned Business.