Jump Recruits is partnering with SodexoMAGIC looking for an Executive Chef 3 in La Verne, CA.
SodexoMAGIC is currently seeking an Artisan Executive Chef 3 to support Gilead in La Verne Ca. The Artisan Executive Chef main responsibilities are the daily operation culinary operations of the full-service cafés and 2 micro markets.
The Artisan Executive Chef will have total culinary responsibilities at the Café. Our ideal candidate will be innovative and driven to create memorable café experiences while staying focused on the big picture of running the account.
The successful candidate will have direct impact on all culinary operations including café, catering and assist in menu development, with oversight of hourly cooks for recipe execution, safety and sanitation. The Chef will need to have strong, hands-on, scratch kitchen experience and will be accessible to staff while being on the floor during services times, showing strong leadership ability.
This position offers Monday through Friday daytime schedule!
The Ideal Candidate will have the following in your culinary “tool kit”:
- Can you “throw down” in very high profile account – have experience in scratch cooking with ability and knowledge to develop menus within a contract, meeting food costs and dietary requests.
- A strong artistic culinary flair– can you impress the client and lead the culinary department to provide new trending ideas/menus.
- Knowledge of current culinary trends– can you compete with food trends and top chefs? do you have well developed culinary skills for organic, sustainable and healthful daily menus.
- Possess the ability to inspire a kitchen staff – be a strong trainer/mentor to the culinary staff – elevating their skills, overseeing daily production to high standards of quality/presentation and on trend menus, and ensuring safety/sanitation
Success in this role will require you to:
- Be innovative every day
- A strong focus in customer service
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 3 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.