Jump Recruits is partnering with SodexoMAGIC looking for an Executive Chef 4 in Washington, DC.
**Relocation Assistance Available!!**
SodexoMAGIC School Services is seeking an Executive Chef 4 for for DC Public Schools located in Washington, DC. This SodexoMAGIC partnership serves 50,000 meals a day including breakfast, lunch, and supper/snack. The District is divided into 9 clusters, each containing 9-12 schools.
The Successful Candidate Will
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for dining services: main focus in residential dining, catering, retail menus, production, HACCP, inventory control, staffing plans, presentation and food quality, safety, kitchen cleanliness;
- responsible for KPI’s related to food cost
- monitor and develop 2 other Executive Chefs on campus;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- strong management skills and previous experience working in a high-volume facility;
- a strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional supervisory/management skill set;
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- creative and effective problem-solving and project management skills;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Directs daily operations of food production, including menu planning, purchasing, ordering, inventory food preparation, post meal analysis and record keeping. Ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory, and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
Establishes operating standards, implements and maintains Sodexo and branded concepts standards, creates quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. HACCP, quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel, SoSafe and EcoSure).
Trains other chefs/staff on culinary skills through day to day trainings as well the use of Culinary Foundations trainings and standards, and serves as technical expert.
Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction for all aspects of food production to ensure account retention.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 5 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.