Jump Recruits is partnering with SodexoMAGIC looking for a Facilities Executive Director in La Verne, California.
The Executive Director requires a strategic leader, knowledge of GMP (Good manufacturing practices), experience supporting the hospitality industry, experience in multi-site and state oversight and capable of managing complex projects. Our selected incumbent will have the ability to successfully integrate services within the requirements of the current MSA agreement while being innovative, agile, proactive to ensure we are delivering quality of life services above and beyond to our clients. Additional accountability for all project Portfolio Management, budgeting and acting as the main point of contact for the client and strategic leader for the employees. This position is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and will report directly to COO.
- Serve as the main point of contact for client communication and field all client requests through direct reports
- Tactical and strategic oversight of the maintenance, facilities engineering, site capital management, office space, energy management, and employee
- Lead a team of approximately 6-10 direct reports and 200+ employees
- Responsible for financial performance across the portfolio
- Experience with deploying new technology
- Strong communication both verbal and written
- Oversight to all work in CMMS system
- Responsible for safety performance including Fresh Eyes, Safety Reviews, employee engagement and incident investigation
- Ensure all systems are in operation to achieve required deliverables across all service lines
- Attend weekly planning and scheduling meetings with area site Directors and planners to determine work priority and schedule for the following week and long-range backlog is executed with business disruption and minimal barriers
- Work with Project Engineering by providing information on the building infrastructure and construction impact on the building occupants
- Attend all project meetings within our areas of responsibility and ensure all facility and maintenance issues are addressed during conceptual design
- Oversight of supplier delivery performance including financial and procurement oversight with Site Directors
- Find and scope projects to reduce cost savings at the site and throughout the geographical area
- Must be available 24/7 to respond to building emergencies or to respond to work being performed by contractors after hours
- Oversight of multiple building operations in a specific area within the Region
- Strong Financial Acumen to manage a Multi-Million-dollar portfolio
- Project management and technical problem solving
- Travel between locations
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Executive Facilities Director with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
Our ideal candidate will have:
- No less than 7 years leadership management experience in Facilities Management and/or Engineering with a focus on soft and hard facilities services
- A proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced situations, embrace ambiguity and change, and quickly get up to speed on complex issues
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills, and
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing and/or vaccine requirements.
You will be required to have the COVID-19 vaccine to work at this location.
The Executive Director of Facilities Operations leads or directs facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single mega-site or multi-site unit. This position may function as head of a small mega-site unit with three levels of management reporting up to this position; or may assist in the leadership of a large mega or multi-site unit reporting up to a VP, Facilities Operations. The Executive Director of Facilities Operations leads or assists in the integration of processes within the client organization to maintain and develop agreed services which support and improve the effectiveness of its primary activities. At the organizational level, the Executive Director of Facilities Operations may contribute to the delivery of strategic and operational objectives by reducing facility costs, and improving the productivity, revenue generating capacity and image of the entire organization. This position ensures a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Executive Director of Facilities Operations often manages construction work and may coordinate and/or oversee contracted services for major construction. The position often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 7 years
- Basic Functional Experience- 7 years in facilities management, engineering, management of business/operations service in both soft and hard facilities services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.