JumpRecruits is partnering with SodexoMAGIC looking for a Facilities / Engineering Manager 1 in Rahway, NJ.
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/ Magic Johnson venture and we are thrilled to be celebrating our 10-year anniversary together this year! SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities Sodexo is looking for an entry level Facilities Manager for a major pharmaceutical company in Rahway, NJ.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Responsible to generate and maintain critical reports and functions, and to be able to perform these functions:
- Assists in preparing monthly utility report for the Department Head (Boiler fuel usage, Steam production, Condensate, City water usage, Compressed Air delivery, Electrical, Solar, YTD, etc.) – Some Data generated from Pl
- Compiles daily fuel usage and daily boiler run time hours and issue monthly report to Environmental
- Records daily city water usage for the site, monitors fuel oil levels, fuel oil usage and deliveries, as well as ammonia deliveries
- Provides customer data/reports regarding utility usage upon request, utilizing Resource Advisor
- Tracks buildings utility usage and generation on a monthly basis and issue monthly reports as requested to EHS and department head(s)
- Organize usage records for presentation to various levels of management and to identify areas to further reduce energy usage and costs site-wide
- Review daily utilities log sheets including turbine generation log sheets, fuel consumption logs, city water usage, and update master reports
- Daily monitoring of the operation of boilers and combustion systems utilizing oil and gas in compliance and in accordance with the State of NJ, Department of Labor, Bureau of Boiler & Pressure Vessel Compliance, along with the various codes drawn up by ASME, NJDEP, EPA, TCPA, and DPCC codes
- Identify and report any emissions exceedances per client’s permit requirements; investigate and carryout immediate resolution protocols
- Participate in State DEP and Federal EPA Inspections
- Maintains a reporting process to identify all inaccuracies of metering around the site to the Maintenance department for repair and problem solving, ensuring that the site utility meters are working
- Usage of Process Interface (PI ProcessBook and PI Datalink)
- Acting as contractor and vendor liaison for Facilities Engineering team
- Issuing HRW permits (High Risk Work) per Client and employer’s guidelines
- Routinely walks Chiller facilities to ensure operations of equipment
- Supports site RCM program as needed.
- Provide support to Senior Electrical and Water Utility Engineers
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Acceptable degrees in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Automation
- Familiarity with SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems)
- Previous experience in powerhouse / large boiler(s) / co-generation / large chillers / DI or RO water systems preferred
- Maintenance and Operations of facilities or utilities experience a plus
- Experience with planning and scheduling of maintenance activities
- Experience with SAP CMMS (computerized maintenance management system), and Maximo preferred
- High pressure boiler license required
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Team player, strong organizational skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written forms
- Very proficient with computer and network systems
- Able to interact with all levels of the organization, outside agencies, and contractors
- Conduct walking tours and inspections of interior and exterior facility areas, including use of stairways and ladders. Able to work on roofs of buildings, required to work in all weather conditions
Supervises hourly staff providing facilities maintenance and engineering services to clients. Responsible for work force planning, QA training, and administrative functions of the designated area of supervision. May report to GM in smaller accounts, or to an Ops Manager in a larger account, or to another manager level.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Employing over 6,500 people nationwide, SodexoMAGIC is a strategic partnership established for the creation of opportunities to provide food, housekeeping, facilities management, and related services that focus on three pillars.
- Food: We leverage the support of our renowned culinary experts and suppliers to offer innovative concepts, delicious items, and unique dishes geared toward our communities.
- Wellness: Not only do we focus on mindful culinary offers, but we also deliver programs with the goal of maintaining a balanced lifestyle, learning our bodies and staying fit both mentally and physically.
- Community: As we are the communities we serve, we find it most important to truly understand those we interact with daily. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we remain dedicated to the needs of those who make us who we are.
SodexoMAGIC is a joint venture formed in 2006, between Magic Johnson Enterprises, LLC and Sodexo. Mr. Johnson holds a 51% stake in the company and serves as Chairman, qualifying SodexoMAGIC as a NMSDC-certified Minority Owned Business.