Jump Recruits is partnering with SodexoMAGIC looking for a Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager 2 in Lansing, MI.
Sodexo is seeking a Facilities Operations Manager to provide Day to Day leadership to our Lansing Public Schools account, a large public schools system with over 1M sq ft area and 37 buildings in Lansing, MI. Combine your experience and proven leadership in managing maintenance staff; electrical, plumbing and HVAC as well as your knowledge of grounds, energy management and Warehouse logistics.
Are you the one? The ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years in facilities management/ property management / integrated facilities management over custodial, housekeeping, maintenance and/or engineering; HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Experience with vendor relations and contract management
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS), work orders and preventive maintenance tracking.
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills;
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen with a solid understanding of managing budgets;
- Strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building;
Back up to GM; 2nd in command;
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.
Two scenarios for this position in Univ.:
- A) Has all facilities rolling up – Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation.
- B) Mega account – multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers – unifying position.
- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development client interface;
- payroll oversight;
- budgetary oversight on some services;
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 5 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.