Seeking an individual to provide application and technical support to customers for PerkinElmer’s Automation and Microfluidics products that acts as a technical liaison between customers and PerkinElmer’s Sales team to meet and maintain customer needs. The candidate will be responsible in a pre-sales function to provide presentations and demonstrations on both product lines working closely with the Sales team. As a post-sales function the candidate will operate within the Mid Atlantic territory and provide onsite and remote customer support. Develop advanced application protocols and provide support for complex instrumentation. The candidate will help create and optimize applications in many different science areas with a main focus on molecular biology and Next Generation Sequencing applications.
- Provide training on both Automated Liquid Handling and Microfluidics instruments
- Perform demonstrations of both Liquid Handling and Microfluidic systems
- Provide presentations with Sales Specialists on full product line
- Develop applications specific protocols on Automated Liquid Handling systems by interpreting procedures provided by the customer
- Perform troubleshooting of applications on both liquid handling and microfluidic systems
- Provide advance programming skills on integrations with third party devices
- Optimize liquid handling performance
- Optimize and troubleshoot microfluidic assays
- Provide key technical input, consultation, and support for determination of current automated application modifications, and future application directions.
- Maintain support for existing customers by providing additional application support
- Should be able to understand and troubleshoot overall process of Next Generation Sequencing
- Ability to work independently and make intelligent decisions based on experience and knowledge
- Understand customer expectations and schedule work accordingly
- Requires a BS degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, or related area with minimum 2 years’ industry experience. MS or PhD is preferred.
- Individual must have expertise in molecular biology or genomics including assay design, development and troubleshooting.
- Must be technically competent and have good people skills to work with a variety of diverse scientists/customers and as part of multidisciplinary team.
- Experience with PerkinElmer’s Janus and/or Sciclone / Zephyr platforms is a plus, as well as the LabChip family of products.
- Approximately 25% travel requirement; primarily domestic and infrequent international travel.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.