- Los Angeles, CA
- Waltham, MA
We are looking for someone with drive, passion, and a competitive spirit to help maximize commercial success. This role will specialize in the use of our Inorganic portfolio in chemical, environmental, food, pharmaceutical and industrial applications. This role provides sales support for our Atomic Absorption, Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission, and Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry products to include applications development, training and presales activities.
The Discovery and Analytical Solutions group services the Environmental, Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Food and Beverage, Chemical, Agriculture, and Government markets. The Field Application Scientists works closely with the sales team to provide solutions for the research scope and vision for our customers.
- Position is field based and covers southern CA and southern NV with laboratory and/or Technical Center access in Downers Grove (near Chicago), IL and Fort Collins (near Denver), CO.
- Conduct customer demonstrations on the aforementioned products in conjunction with the associated geographical Sales team; perform sample analysis/method development on customer samples using the spectroscopy solutions mentioned above; prepare data packages and presentations summarizing the analysis via online meeting or in person.
- Collaborate with all Field Team members to develop and deploy world-class systems and tools and provide front-line support to sales as the Field Application Scientist.
- Provide and deliver product training to field (marketing & sales) as new features/functionality is available for designated product and domain specialty.
- Coordinate with Product Management to identify, communicate, and incorporate new product enhancements as well as with the Services team to insure we deliver competitive solutions that are differentiated through value as perceived by our customers.
- Characterize the external market by performing pipeline analysis and competitive assessments for region and specific market segments.
- Attend regional and national meetings presenting new applications and assisting sales with booth duty and customer inquiries.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship.
- MS or BS in a scientific discipline
- 5 to 10+ years in the atomic spectroscopy field.
- 5+ years experience with hands-on working knowledge of AA, ICP-OES and ICP-MS including sample preparation requirements.
- Willingness for 30% – 50% overnight travel.
- Current or previous scientific expertise and experience with a customer focus and excellent communication skills.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.