PerkinElmer is seeking a Field Applications Manager for the Applied market sector. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and maintaining a team of Inorganic Field Applications Scientists who support the Applied and Pharma Pre-sales efforts and ensure post-sale customer success.
What We Provide
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
The Applied market Team represents PerkinElmer’s entire portfolio of solutions for Analytical testing. This includes analytical instrumentation such as chromatography, inorganic, and spectroscopy, as well as consumables and services. We are asking that the individual be highly motivated, has a team mentality for achievement, and has a willingness to learn new methods and technologies in a rapidly changing customer space. Ideally the candidate will have at least Six years of experience in a combination of Inorganic applications and managing a team of professionals in a Sales environment.
- Develop a strong, working technical knowledge of the portfolio of Atomic Spectroscopy products serving the Applied and Pharma markets.
- Responsible for all aspects of leading the Field Applications Scientist team, including hiring, developing, managing, coaching, and effective resource deployment.
- Effectively manage headcount and other budgeted expense/revenue plans to improve overall profitability, while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Develop, implement and execute a strategic business plan to support growing PerkinElmer’s revenue in alignment with sales, marketing and service partners.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and willingness to take ownership of results.
- BS in Science related discipline required.
- 6 years + of cross functional experience in a combination of applications scientist, field sales, people and project management or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience working in a lab environment or as a Field Applications Scientist.
- Prior experience managing Field Applications Scientist or Chemists in a lab environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships at a high level within large strategic accounts.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be able to express information in a succinct and organized manner that is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Hands-on experience working with atomic spectroscopy instrumentation.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a results-focused approach to achieving daily goals/activities.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information.
- Willingness for 50% overnight travel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Knowledge about ways in which organizations function in delivering products to customers as well as the ability to impact through formal and informal channels.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.