The Field Service Engineer helps PerkinElmer customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drives high levels of customer satisfaction. The Field Service engineer represents the face of PerkinElmer to the customer and fosters business expansion by providing ‘best-in-class’ responsiveness and professionalism in all customer interactions. This position will support Chromatography instruments in the Arizona Territory. This will include LCMS, HPLC, and GCMS. T
- Key Responsibilities
Installation, Maintenance & Repair:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the Installation, warranty, and service contract provisions to provide best-in-class service.
- Install, maintain, repair equipment, and verify performance at customer sites.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair technical and operational problems.
- Perform preventive maintenance service at customer sites while maintaining performance criteria.
- Provides technical support in the development and implementation of customer applications and company products.
- Implements new product configurations/software upgrades, installs network devices and/or hardware components/peripherals.
- Conduct on-site enhancements, maintenance and support for new and existing systems.
- Drive the sale of new maintenance agreements, maintenance agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing contracts.
- Encourage customers to purchase training, support, software and field installed computer hardware upgrades.
- Assist and support local sales representative secure new instrument orders.
- Contribute to account profitability through billable labor/travel orders, parts orders, support orders, billable install orders, and consumables.
- Provide appropriate referral to other employees for answers to specific questions or to obtain product information.
- Maintain up to date electronic and repair documentation.
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system.
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory, etc.
Continuous Self Development:
- Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer.
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives.
- Associate degree in Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering, or related military experience.
- 2 plus years of experience in troubleshooting, repairing, and providing qualification services in a laboratory environment specifically with UV and IR products
- Bachelor’s degree
- Chemistry or Electronics background preferred
- Experience using Microsoft 365
- Exposure to analytical equipment, laboratory environment, and/or instrument control software
- Vendor issued certification on relevant laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with customer satisfaction focus
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions
- Ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reports, ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, managers, customers, and other technical support professionals is critical to successful performance in this role
- The physical demands defined are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.