This position will serve as a multifaceted Field Support Specialist to provide professional field service, maintenance, training and technical support on all EUROIMMUN instrumentation and products. This position is also responsible for responding to emergency calls to ensure quality service and customer satisfaction.
Excellent technical and communication skills are needed to positively interact with customers and company personnel. Successful candidates will be self-starters, who can independently manage their time and schedules; will possess basic business acumen and effectively communicate skills at all levels.
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a working knowledge of EUROIMMUN instrumentation, products and techniques.
- Install, maintain, verify performance and repair EUROIMMUN equipment at customer sites and in Mountain Lakes’ QC and Vision Labs.
- Provide scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customers, remedial maintenance for non-contract customers and warranty services in the field.
- Provide onsite technical service support for instrumentation and products as needed.
- Prepare and gather necessary documentation for end user training at customer site.
- Maintain positive, professional communications with customers, Sales Team members, and colleagues in the Technical Support group.
- Document all activities in accordance with the service policies and procedures.
- Maintain loaner, test equipment, spare parts inventory, and other company equipment and supplies in good condition and working order. Protects the company’s assets.
- Make decisions based on policies and procedures. Discusses and refers unresolved customer service issues to Management.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and comply with all safety and regulatory requirements.
- The physical demands defined below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will be regularly required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move heavy instruments with weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2+ years of laboratory and analytical instrumentation experience.
- A BS in Life Sciences, Biomedical engineering and/or technical discipline; or equivalent military training and experience, with emphasis on instrumentation, computers.
- Three or more years’ experience as a field service representative, Lab MT , or related field
- Technically proficient in running IVD assays with an understanding of the basis for these assays
- Well-organized, able to function independently with a minimum of supervision
- Comfortable in presenting training and information seminars to customers
- Customer-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Exhibits high level of critical thinking abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic demeanor and a can-do attitude
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook etc.).
- Work in all areas of the laboratory
- Frequent overnight and weekend travel
- Field based position with occasional days at Mountain Lakes headquarters
- After-hours technical support as needed
Minorities and Women are encouraged to apply.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.