Sodexo’s Airport Lounge Segment has an exciting opportunity for a Food Operations Manager 1 at Austin Airport.
An oasis away from the airport hustle, our Delta Sky Clubs/Lounges have become synonymous for comfort and elegance at major airports throughout the world.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Food Operations Manager will have oversight of a staff of hourly employees in a shift including supervisors, bartenders, food attendants and custodial staff. As manager, you will be responsible for the club(s)/lounge operations including labor cost management, scheduling, ordering product, inventory, training, service standards, financial reporting, guest and client interaction. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with hiring, training and scheduling staff; monitoring service and complying with Sodexo and our airline client’s standards of service. Oversight for both front and back of house, in addition to food/bar/beverage service, superb guest relations abilities are the key to success of this operation. We are seeking individuals with strong communication skills, flexibility and adaptability in a fast and frequently changing environment.
Great opportunity for a hospitality-minded individual looking to grow their career!
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of daily food operations and deliver a high-quality product (bar service experience highly desired);
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline (hourly) staff; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met to include compliance with company food and physical safety programs.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization;
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service;
- exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems as well as menu graphics programs.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 2 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Employing over 6,500 people nationwide, SodexoMAGIC is a strategic partnership established for the creation of opportunities to provide food, housekeeping, facilities management, and related services that focus on three pillars.
- Food: We leverage the support of our renowned culinary experts and suppliers to offer innovative concepts, delicious items, and unique dishes geared toward our communities.
- Wellness: Not only do we focus on mindful culinary offers, but we also deliver programs with the goal of maintaining a balanced lifestyle, learning our bodies and staying fit both mentally and physically.
- Community: As we are the communities we serve, we find it most important to truly understand those we interact with daily. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we remain dedicated to the needs of those who make us who we are.
SodexoMAGIC is a joint venture formed in 2006, between Magic Johnson Enterprises, LLC and Sodexo. Mr. Johnson holds a 51% stake in the company and serves as Chairman, qualifying SodexoMAGIC as a NMSDC-certified Minority Owned Business.