The Analytical Food Sales Team represents the portfolio of analytical products including chromatography, inorganic, and spectroscopy, calling on large food processors and food testing labs. The ideal candidate will manage a territory which includes travel throughout the region, serving our current customer base, and bring significant growth by prospecting and penetrating new accounts. We are asking that the individual be highly motivated, have a team mentality for achievement, and have a willingness to learn new methods and technologies. Ideally the candidate will have at least five years of sales experience of capital equipment to food customers, a degree in science, and the motivation to succeed.
- New York, NY
- Portsmouth, VA
- Upper Providence, PA
- Waltham, MA
- Develop a strong, working technical knowledge of the portfolio of products serving food markets.
- Develop, implement and execute a strategic business plan to grow revenue in food testing capital equipment in the assigned territory.
- Responsible for all aspects of territory management, including prospecting, establishing and maintaining relationships in large food processors and food testing accounts, and closing deals with new and existing customers.
- Conduct effective seminars and presentations.
- Manage and maintain a healthy funnel of opportunities, provide accurate forecasts, and successfully convert the funnel to revenue to meet the territory sales quota.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and willingness to take ownership of results.
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship.
- BS in food or related science discipline preferred.
- 5+ years capital sales experience in the food testing industry, with proven ability to carry and deliver a sales quota over $2M annually
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships at a high level within large strategic accounts.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a results-focused approach to achieving daily goals/activities.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information.
- Willingness for 50% overnight travel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.