Get behind the magic! Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! Sodexo is hiring our Food Service Manager 2 at the University of Albany, in Albany, NY. ENJOY Holidays OFF! Our successful candidate will focus on resident dining and have strong attention to detail for HACCP, sanitation and cleanliness 3:30-11:30 Sunday through Thursday. Providing mentorship to frontline hourly staff to develop their professional skills, this position will recruit and actively engage frontline employee retention. Demonstrated experience with innovative food presentation and culinary trends preferred.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Deliver high quality food service
- Have oversight of day-to-day operations
- Achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- Develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- Ensure Sodexo Standards are met
- Create a positive environment
- Develop strategic plans
The ideal candidate:
- Has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- Has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance
- Has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- Can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility
- Can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (DRIVE) and is proficient in computer skills, financial acumen and report management
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Basic Management Experience – 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Employing over 6,500 people nationwide, SodexoMAGIC is a strategic partnership established for the creation of opportunities to provide food, housekeeping, facilities management, and related services that focus on three pillars.
- Food: We leverage the support of our renowned culinary experts and suppliers to offer innovative concepts, delicious items, and unique dishes geared toward our communities.
- Wellness: Not only do we focus on mindful culinary offers, but we also deliver programs with the goal of maintaining a balanced lifestyle, learning our bodies and staying fit both mentally and physically.
- Community: As we are the communities we serve, we find it most important to truly understand those we interact with daily. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we remain dedicated to the needs of those who make us who we are.
SodexoMAGIC is a joint venture formed in 2006, between Magic Johnson Enterprises, LLC and Sodexo. Mr. Johnson holds a 51% stake in the company and serves as Chairman, qualifying SodexoMAGIC as a NMSDC-certified Minority Owned Business.