FP&A Manager (For JUMPs Client)
Acumen and Jump Recruits are looking for an FP&A Manager in the Tri-State Area (Relocation
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in
companies, leaders and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose
products and services are enabling the poor to transform their lives.
To date, Acumen has positively impacted 309 million lives by investing $137M in
139 innovative, early-stage companies in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and
the United States. But investment isn’t only about capital, we’ve been investing in
innovators for years, connecting with emerging leaders around the world and
engaging them in collective dialogue, moral inquiry, and skill building.
About Acumen Finance
Acumen, an international non-profit with seven boutique, entrepreneurial offices
across six continents and seven jurisdictions working with philanthropic
donations, grants, and investments, requires centralized financial oversight and
support. The NY Finance team provides that oversight and support.
About the role
The FP&A Manager is an integral member of the New York Finance team and
reports to the Associate Director of Finance. S/he will be responsible for the
financial planning and analysis, internal reporting, and budgeting work of a global
Planning and Analysis
● Drive the evaluation and evolution of our financial and operational
planning structures and processes
● Prepare and implement the annual Budget process; collaborate with
budget-holders to create the annual budget for review by the Associate
Director of Finance and the CFO
● In collaboration with the Head of Program Finance, evaluate and update
the systems and models that manage, track, and forecast our restricted
grant budgets and pools of funding
● Own the monthly reporting and forecasting cycle for operating expenses,
cash flow, and resourcing
● Maintain allocation weights in Netsuite and test allocation schedules for
accuracy during month end close
● Partner with function teams on providing finance data and analytics
● Liaise with Business Development team on building out reporting systems
for critical revenue and spend analytics
● In partnership with the Controller and Head of Program Finance, complete
timely month-end closes and related reporting deliverables
● Oversee the Accounts Payable process
● Manage banking relationships and periodically review signatories and
● Work with the Finance Analyst to identify risks and potential areas of
improvements for our A/P controls and processes
● Evaluate and maintain the ability of our accounting platform to integrate
Acumen’s expense policy guidelines
● Annual Compliance Processes
● Compile and review workpaper support for the annual audit process
● Compile and review compensation support for the annual 990 process
● Support the team during the annual audit by providing timely and accurate
support to audit requests
● Participate in evaluating, defining, and implementing Finance systems
● Partnering with the Talent team on Compensation-related analytics and
● Communicating Finance processes and policies to internal stakeholders
● Identifying opportunities to increase efficiency or provide more accurate
financial information to internal stakeholders
● Other duties as may be needed or assigned by other members of the
Qualifications & Characteristics
● ~8 years of experience in finance, especially focusing on FP&A, forecasting
and budgeting, cash flow and AP reporting
● Vast experience working in US GAAP compliant environments
● Familiarity with the social enterprise and impact investing sectors, or not for
profit accounting/finance preferred
● An ability to establish relationships with multiple stakeholders spanning
various geographies and timezones
● Bachelor’s Degree is required
● Self-reflective and aligned with Acumen values
● Must be permanently authorized to work in the U.S.
JUMP Recruits is your full-service diversity and inclusion partner, dedicated to providing inclusion, opportunity and successful career outcomes for diverse professionals and employers seeking quality diverse talent. We are excited to re-shape the face of your workforce, one step at a time.
The mission of JUMP Recruits is to improve access to career and job resources for diverse talent while cultivating the inclusive corporate cultures needed for companies to achieve record-breaking results with our data-driven recruiting solutions.
JUMP Recruits Diverse Talent. Dynamic Results.
JUMP Recruits was founded by Cedric Chambers on the idea that every ethnically diverse person deserves a chance at a successful career. After 10 years of experience working in corporate recruiting and human resources, he discovered that there are many forward-thinking companies looking to hire qualified, diverse talent and that with the right tools, resources and guidance they could create the cultures and business successes they were after.
JUMP Recruits was created to prove the idea that diverse talent could be successful in the world's most sought after and high demand jobs. With data-driven solutions, JUMP Recruits is able to develop and implement diversity recruitment programs for employers while offering the advice, support and training necessary for diverse candidates to excel in their careers.