FTIR / Thermal Analysis Sr. Field Applications Scientist
The Field Application Scientist (FAS) is the key subject matter expert who will work with Sales Representatives to support the commercial success of PerkinElmer’s FTIR and Thermal/Elemental Analysis (TEA) technologies by applying scientific knowledge to customer samples and emerging analytical challenges.PerkinElmer’s TEA product portfolio includes differential scanning calorimeters (DSC), thermogravimetric analyzers (TGA), dynamic mechanical analyzers (DMA), and thermomechanical analyzers (TMA).
These instruments are used across a diverse range of markets, including Engineered Materials, Chemicals, Optics, and Pharmaceuticals. This position is in the Shelton, Connecticut area, working out of the Shelton Technical Center, and is the key applications support person for the Northeast United States, providing:
- Customer demonstrations, analyze samples, generate professional reports, and present results and solutions which best address customers’ challenges
- Assembling and delivering technical product presentations (to individual prospects and seminar/trade show audiences) in poster or oral technical sessions
- Training and applications implementation
- Ongoing feedback to Product Line Leaders and Product Managers on emerging applications, trends, performance, and competitive landscape
- Developing application notes based on market needs
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- This role will travel up to 50%
- Master’s degree with 3+ years of post-academic experience
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience with FT-IR, FT-NIR, and/or IR microscopy instrumentation
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience with DSC and TGA
- PhD in relevant discipline.
- A strong mix of scientific expertise and excellent communication skills is required.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and spoken)
- Experience in spectral interpretation and/or development of quantitative methods
- Experience in sample preparation, method development, and data interpretation for optimal analysis of phase transitions and thermal stability
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of infrared sampling techniques
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.