Cloud Application & Platform Services (CAPS) is one of the hottest areas in the market today. CAPS team creates the best Cloud Platform & Developer Experience in the industry by fostering a culture of self-service, automation, modernization and innovation by providing solutions that unify software development and software operations.
Sr. Principal Software Engineer on IPE CAPS team in USA. This role will include delivering self-service capabilities for Dell IT development teams.
- Will lead and be accountable for overall technical solutions of services that integrate with Cloud Platforms.
- Partner with product (Compute, Storage, Networking etc.,) and development teams to provide self-service capabilities.
- Offers proposed design changes/suggestions to processes and applications, exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of an assignment.
- Works on unusually complex problems and provides solutions that are highly creative
- Works in an Agile and DevOps software development environment
- Mentor team members and provide technical guidance and influence to achieve results
- Works effectively with senior management
- Enthusiastic self-starter with proven track record of execution and delivery.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, effective working independently and in a virtual team setting.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Good understating of micro services Architecture
Total 8+ years of Hands-on Experience in Microsoft technologies like .net , C#, ASP.net including 5+years of experience in application architecture , 2 + years of experience in cloud platform technologies with micro service architecture .
- Candidate must have a strong OOA/OOD background and understanding of Design Patterns, Enterprise Application Patterns and anti-patterns
- Ability to translate product/project requirements into development plans and architectures
- Have an understanding of or implementation experience in building Twelve-Factor applications using Domain Driven Design.
- Must have hands-on experience designing, implementing and deploying application framework based on Microsoft technologies like .net , C#, ASP.
- Hands-on experience with a Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku or any other PaaS Products
- Strong Knowledge with data binding concepts of MVC
- Understanding of REST, SOAP and JSON
- Protocols such as HTTP, FTP and web sockets
- Implementation knowledge on API’s, oauth, Open ID connect.
- Sounds implementation knowledge on database such as Oracle and PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Casandra
- Working knowledge of platforms such as UNIX, and Linux.
- Candidate should possess effective verbal and written communications skills and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Web Services, Spring Data, Spring Cloud is a plus
- Agile methodology experience – SCRUM
- Cloud platform concepts such as Software as a service (SaaS) , Platform as a service (PaaS), Container as a Service (CaaS)
- Experience working with a caching technology such as Redis, Pivotal Gemfire,
- Knowledge of messaging systems integration like Rabbit MQ, Active MQ
- Knowledge on Even Driven Architecture and Streaming technologies
- Knowledge on Serverless
- Knowledge on multi cloud/ public cloud such as Google cloud, AWS, Azure.
- Experience or knowledge of Eclipse based IDE’s – STS, GitHub, Subversion and Maven
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.