Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 1- Conference Center to join one of our Corporate Services accounts located in Stockton, CA. This individual will oversee 8 Sodexo frontline (hourly) employees and report directly into a Senior Area General Manager. Will be responsible for under $1M in annual managed volume which just includes the catering contracts onsite such as Panera Bread and some local “mom and pop shops” that cater to this location. We are not necessarily looking for strong catering experience, but more of an operational focused individual for this role since this role is more about managing the people and the client.
This position offers a traditional Business and Industry, predominantly Monday through Friday, schedule. Accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (first year pro-rated based on date of hire). Medical Benefits beginning date of hire, and 401K with company match eligible.
Directs all contract management service operations at a Conference Center Campus, Meeting Management or Lodging property. Plans, organizes, staffs, and directs multiple services which generally includes: sales and marketing, conference services, food and beverage, front office, housekeeping, laundry, transportation, engineering, conference planning, audiovisual technology, accounting and finance, human resources, development and professional growth of management team. Manages the client relationship on a daily basis while ensuring customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
- Sales/revenue critical job duty
- Business management overall business (operations management)
- Supervision of staff/directing team
- Communications/Sodexo process management
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 5 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 5 years of work experience in hospitality services including hotel management, conference center services, food services, etc.
Employing over 6,500 people nationwide, SodexoMAGIC is a strategic partnership established for the creation of opportunities to provide food, housekeeping, facilities management, and related services that focus on three pillars.
- Food: We leverage the support of our renowned culinary experts and suppliers to offer innovative concepts, delicious items, and unique dishes geared toward our communities.
- Wellness: Not only do we focus on mindful culinary offers, but we also deliver programs with the goal of maintaining a balanced lifestyle, learning our bodies and staying fit both mentally and physically.
- Community: As we are the communities we serve, we find it most important to truly understand those we interact with daily. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we remain dedicated to the needs of those who make us who we are.
SodexoMAGIC is a joint venture formed in 2006, between Magic Johnson Enterprises, LLC and Sodexo. Mr. Johnson holds a 51% stake in the company and serves as Chairman, qualifying SodexoMAGIC as a NMSDC-certified Minority Owned Business.