Sodexo is currently seeking a General Manager 3 – Food to oversee Retail for a potential sale in Santa Clara, Ca. The position is a high functioning role working with a premier client having responsibility for a team of up to 20 employees. The General Manager needs to have well-balanced retail food service management experience and strong culinary background with a high level of customer service.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- conduct retail brand standard audits (in-house and national brands);
- oversee POS programming and maintenance;
- maintain integrity of retail branded concept standards (national and in-house brands);
- ensure all needed signage (including digital) is in place;
- manage vendor relationships and compliance;
- maintain all product merchandising, marketing and ordering standards are in place.
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- coach and develop team; create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization;
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service;
- exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed;
- demonstrate working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems as well as menu graphics programs.
- has a strong culinary background as well as retail food service management experience
- has the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment and influence others to do the same.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 3 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 3 years
Employing over 6,500 people nationwide, SodexoMAGIC is a strategic partnership established for the creation of opportunities to provide food, housekeeping, facilities management, and related services that focus on three pillars.
- Food: We leverage the support of our renowned culinary experts and suppliers to offer innovative concepts, delicious items, and unique dishes geared toward our communities.
- Wellness: Not only do we focus on mindful culinary offers, but we also deliver programs with the goal of maintaining a balanced lifestyle, learning our bodies and staying fit both mentally and physically.
- Community: As we are the communities we serve, we find it most important to truly understand those we interact with daily. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we remain dedicated to the needs of those who make us who we are.
SodexoMAGIC is a joint venture formed in 2006, between Magic Johnson Enterprises, LLC and Sodexo. Mr. Johnson holds a 51% stake in the company and serves as Chairman, qualifying SodexoMAGIC as a NMSDC-certified Minority Owned Business.