Sodexo’s University Dining is seeking an experienced General Manager 5- Retail for the University at Albany located in Albany, NY. The University at Albany enrolls more than 17,300 students in nine schools and colleges, which offer 50 undergraduate majors and 125 graduate degree programs. The account has over 20 retail units located in a state-of the-art Campus Center facility, two full service resident dining locations, and extensive catered events. The retail business segment is made up of Sodexo Brands, National Brands, in-house brands and sub-contractors. This position manages over $15 million in revenue. Relocation is available!
The ideal candidate will have:
- experience managing high volume resident dining and retail food service business;
- experience training and leading managers and an hourly staff;
- be proficient in use of online food management systems for menu/recipe planning, ordering and inventory;
- experience writing budgets and managing to those budgets;
- experience working with a diverse client and customer base;
- have previous food operations management in a large College / University high volume General Manager setting or large volume sectors of Sodexo Healthcare, Sports and Leisure, or large corporate settings;
- demonstrate proven financial acumen/success managing food cost/ labor costs, budgets;
- be a people person with a strong focus on maintaining positive client relations; a solid manager/leader who is perceptive and has attention to details that make a difference– quality and presentation of food – customer service;
- be a multi-tasker, organized, innovative and an effective leader who can motivate their staff. – encourage strong employee engagement through developing, mentoring, training and motivating encouraging staff to a high level of execution and pride/passion for what they do,
- be customer-centric, always providing excellent customer service in a welcoming dining environment.
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 5 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Employing over 6,500 people nationwide, SodexoMAGIC is a strategic partnership established for the creation of opportunities to provide food, housekeeping, facilities management, and related services that focus on three pillars.
- Food: We leverage the support of our renowned culinary experts and suppliers to offer innovative concepts, delicious items, and unique dishes geared toward our communities.
- Wellness: Not only do we focus on mindful culinary offers, but we also deliver programs with the goal of maintaining a balanced lifestyle, learning our bodies and staying fit both mentally and physically.
- Community: As we are the communities we serve, we find it most important to truly understand those we interact with daily. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we remain dedicated to the needs of those who make us who we are.
SodexoMAGIC is a joint venture formed in 2006, between Magic Johnson Enterprises, LLC and Sodexo. Mr. Johnson holds a 51% stake in the company and serves as Chairman, qualifying SodexoMAGIC as a NMSDC-certified Minority Owned Business.