JumpRecruits is partnering with SodexoMAGIC looking for a General Manager / Chef Manager in Los Angeles, CA.
Sodexo Corporate Services is seeking a seasoned General Manager / Chef Manager to lead a multi-faceted operation at the Federal Reserve Bank in Downtown Los Angeles, CA.
The General Manager/ Chef Manager must be a strong culinarian and produce high quality food. Additional responsibilities include menu planning, food ordering, and preparation. The main responsibilities are the day-to-day operation of full service café serving breakfast and lunch and catering services. Reporting directly to the Area General Manager, this hands-on position will work alongside a team of 7 employees and will oversee all aspects of food production and quality, HACCP and safety programs, and employee training and development.
This location has a regional conference center with multiple catering events going on simultaneously that need to have flawless execution as well as an Artisan Cafe concept that embraces the “Farm to Fork” dining concept.
Success in this role and in the relationship will require you to:
- Be innovative every day
- An eye for high end restaurant, artisan quality food
- A strong focus in customer service
- Great communication skills
- Have a financial background
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- 10: Support workplace inclusion activities
- C/S: Culinary focus with ADMIN responsibilities. Limited menu, basic program
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 2 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 2 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Employing over 6,500 people nationwide, SodexoMAGIC is a strategic partnership established for the creation of opportunities to provide food, housekeeping, facilities management, and related services that focus on three pillars.
- Food: We leverage the support of our renowned culinary experts and suppliers to offer innovative concepts, delicious items, and unique dishes geared toward our communities.
- Wellness: Not only do we focus on mindful culinary offers, but we also deliver programs with the goal of maintaining a balanced lifestyle, learning our bodies and staying fit both mentally and physically.
- Community: As we are the communities we serve, we find it most important to truly understand those we interact with daily. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we remain dedicated to the needs of those who make us who we are.
SodexoMAGIC is a joint venture formed in 2006, between Magic Johnson Enterprises, LLC and Sodexo. Mr. Johnson holds a 51% stake in the company and serves as Chairman, qualifying SodexoMAGIC as a NMSDC-certified Minority Owned Business.