In this role, the GM, NGS will be responsible for developing and executing on end market strategies to drive penetration and expand market share for NGS products. This senior leader will lead a team of Product Managers and work with R&D and other key stakeholders to develop and execute on market growth strategies.
Responsibilities include developing organizational capability that brings clear understanding of end market needs & trends, upcoming regulatory & economic drivers and builds a stream of applications and solutions to best position our current and future portfolio. In this role, the incumbent is expected to build and drive relationships with key opinion leaders, professional organizations and strategic accounts within our target markets, and relevant internal functions, to enrich and strengthen the overall innovation agenda throughout the strategic plan horizon.
- Champions and leads overall End Market/NGS Segment growth strategies based on fact-based analysis of market trends; competitive applications portfolios; technology advancements; and customer needs assessment and regulatory requirements.
- Leads the development of strategic planning initiatives (SGS), develops BD pipeline, M&A due diligence and other new growth initiatives.
- Responsible for development of best practices for effective value propositions and sales tools that are practical to use and aligned to segmentation and regional specific requirements.
- Focal point within the organization to ensure applications and solutions support our overall growth strategy and alignment across Segment, R&D and Commercial organizations
- Leads development and prioritization of focus segment applications that enable our solutions to be differentiated and value-add to our customers.
- Architect application support strategy to reflect market focus initiatives including establishing and managing collaborator agreements/relationships on global basis.
- Develop deep bench of technical knowledge around applications and market segment customer needs and translate this knowledge into technology and solution landscaping activities.
- Drive assessment of new product launches and current portfolio by effectiveness to sales plan, strategic intent on share of demand, pricing and value proposition.
- Drive marketing and application development to counter deviation from plan.
- Actively develop relationships with KOLs and key customers in priority end market segments
- Leadership, Talent and Team Development
- Progressively grow talent and team performance by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training top talent, building a culture of trust and accountability within team.
- Develops a productive team-based culture where the business line focuses on the critical few, encourages stretch thinking to drive and deliver breakthrough results
- Fosters an expectation and delivers consistent achievement of business goals
- Establishes a continuous improvement mindset supported by strong execution of lean tool sets.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life-sciences related discipline is required.
- Over 10+ years in various roles within Sales, Marketing, Product Management or R&D related to Life Science-related disciplines
- 5+ years experience in genomics, sequencing, molecular products are necessary with a strong focus and knowledge in next generation sequencing
- MBA is highly desirable. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Experience taking clinical NGS products to market
- Experience with targeted sequencing and molecular diagnostic products
- Experience with CE-IVD markets
- Experience in customer and market segmentation, creating market and portfolio roadmaps, robust business cases, and commercialization of solutions.
- Ability to develop customer needs into applications solutions driving business growth
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic plans that meet business and customer needs
- Strong business acumen, analytical, decision making, communication and influencing skills
- Must be able to accomplish results in a cross-functional team environment, exhibiting formal and informal leadership skills, strong goal / results orientation and strong communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 40% of the time
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.