The Genomics Sales Consultant (GSC) is responsible for the education and support of our clients Genomics’ clientele regarding our clinical test offerings and the technology utilized to perform these offering to drive sales and increase revenue. Within a defined geographic territory, the GSC will be responsible for all levels of support for test ordering, specimen logistics and pricing. The GSC will interact with multiple internal teams such as Customer Service, Marketing, Finance, Scientific and Technology. The GSC will also be responsible for pursuing research opportunities with key clients.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Educate and train our client base, in a defined territory, on our genomics testing menu and how our testing can help provide answers to the clinician and the patient.
- Meet/exceed annual sales growth goals.
- Analyze territory data to understand growth opportunities
- Engage clients in clinical and technical conversation at scheduled meetings, on phone calls, over WebEx, or via email communication.
- Travel an estimated 40%-50% of the time. Depending on the geography, this may include day trips as well as overnights throughout the territory.
- Travel will also include attending internal sales meetings as well as staffing regional and national conferences.
- Deliver meaningful presentations about the clinical utility of PEG’s genetic testing to clients and prospective clients.
- Recognize areas for improvement based on client interaction and voicing them back to management (new test options, training needs, marketing needs and educational needs).
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship
- Minimum of 8 years in Genetic Testing
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or MS/PhD
- 8+ years experience in Sales, Genetic Testing strongly preferred
- Regularly required to drive, fly, stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment.
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.