Open Locations: Hopkinton, MA and Shelton, CT
The Global Pricing Leader will lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects to help build a scalable pricing capability within the client as well as defining a process to deliver a regular cadence of pricing updates. This position is responsible for managing the development, implementation and execution of the Strategic Pricing processes to achieve the targeted prices/margins. Driving the global pricing cadence through the deployment, innovation, and support of the infrastructure (process, systems, tools), pricing analytics, deployment programs, strategic planning into the commercial channels.
This position will collaborate with key stakeholders and internal business partners such as Market Segment Leaders and Product Managers, Regional Commercial, Revenue Operations and Pricing (e.g. Sales) teams, ,, Global and Regional Finance, Customer Care, and IT partners to architect, develop, and deploy global reporting & analytics standards and pricing solutions for Reagent, Consumable, Instrument, Services and Software Pricing within the clients’ structure. The Global Pricing Leader will enable the organization with capabilities and a culture focused on value creation and an effective sales and pricing framework.
The position requires tactical agility and consulting skills with a strong bias toward results delivery; strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills, the ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovative thinking, and the capability to successfully manage and implement multiple high priority / high impact projects simultaneously.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With input from regional stakeholders, define and drive the annual pricing cadence across the organization to deliver an optimized and efficient process that delivers the desired results. A collaborative approach is essential as is the ability to wade into the details to manage the operational aspects of a Strategic Pricing implementation round.
- Proactively identify and resolve time sensitive project risks, issues, interdependencies, and conflicts, both within and across market segments and regions, and coordinate implementation. Use strong relationship management and communication skills to align outcomes.
- Develop methods to monitor progress of pricing effectiveness across market segments and regions. Provide analytical support in synthesizing and reporting results. Track progress against enterprise plan and ensure project teams and other stakeholders have the tools necessary to deliver a timely implementation.
PRICING FOCUS AREAS
Implementing & Managing Strategic Pricing Process
- Develop and recommend pricing strategies at macro and micro level in-line with the |business strategy. This involves evaluating annual revenue targets against market indicators, business strategy, internal systems variables and collaborating with stakeholders to arrive at an aligned pricing strategy.
- Responsible for managing the global pricing strategy and defining Regional, Sub Territory and Country level connection points where Regional Pricing Teams can implement market centric strategies to drive growth.
- Lead the development and deployment of a globally consistent and regionally aligned pricing process, including development and utilization of pricing models and tools to help facilitate decision making
- Creatively identify and execute on margin improvement projects to improve profitability
- Drive effective pricing communications, including global and regional steering committees
- Provide guidance and best practices, support, thought leadership and change management in the execution of the pricing processes to achieve different regional and product lines’ short-term financial objectives and longer-term strategy
- Lead the Global Pricing team, managing the work, priorities and development of high performing direct reports. Nurture, grow and develop this talent.
- Draft, propose and align on an organizational pricing vision and roadmap that grows our pricing related capabilities and builds a team that can support and evolve them.
- Guide the Pricing analysts in the development and execution of the different analytical processes, dashboards and reporting
Process & Technology
- Implement pricing tools and technologies and provide governing oversight over the strategic pricing processes. Hold stakeholders accountable to the process
- Provide guidance and lead the implementation of technological solutions for automating processes
- Maintain pricing subject matter expertise, staying abreast of developments and best practices
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship
- BS degree required
- 5+ years of experience within a product-based business deploying strategic pricing programs.
- 3+ years of team/people leadership, proven ability to develop talent
- Experience in pricing technology systems & solutions (e.g. SAP, SPOSEA, PriceFX, Vendavo, PROS, etc.)
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally and cross-geography with all levels of management.
- Analytical, logical, strategic thinker with strong problem solving and quantitative skills – strong excel skills.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, situations and environments, find creative solutions, making trade-offs and sound recommendations.
- Highly collaborative, energized by working cross functionally to solve problems and drive progress
- Ability to define projects and execute within timelines and with multiple stakeholders. Proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills – there is a frequent need to deliver clear and concise information to senior executives in the company.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and see the big picture while effectively managing details.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter with solution-oriented attitude, and an ability to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- 1-2 years of experience leading process improvement projects using Six Sigma and/or Lean. Black Belt or Green Belt certification preferred.
- Project management experience. PMP certification a plus.
- Knowledge of large-scale program/project management methods needed for success.
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
Willing to travel occasionally (10% – 15%). Ability to travel to foreign countries if required.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.