Global Sales Operations Representative
The Global Sales Operations Representative I is a support role for our Global network of Field Application Scientists (FAS) and Distributors. This individual will provide sales based solutions to our customers, field personnel, and distributors in order to secure business. Ability to work in a flexible environment and across departments is expected. This role reports to the Global Sales Operations Lead. This role is a hybrid in-office/remote position (60% office/ 40% remote).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Address customer, FAS, and distributor inquiries as they are received via phone, email, internal forward, or direct contact. Provide effective communication, problem solve and think critically.
- Generate product quotations for customers and distributors by obtaining all available information necessary to assess the request.
- Work with customers, field teams, distributors, and customer service to coordinate the requirements and logistics for complex orders and long-term supply chain needs.
- Optimize processes including communication and logistics with internal teams.
- Act as a liaison between field sales and distributors and the various internal BioLegend departments to ensure all appropriate support actions are done in a timely manner.
- Respond to urgent requests utilizing prioritization and organization.
- Support distributors and international customers by staying up-to-date with country protocols and managing regional strategy.
- Maintain all customer related activities within all BioLegend databases (including SalesForce, ERP/CRM systems, and detailed logs) to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Other duties include but are not limited to sample requests, inventory and product review, vetting new customers, contract management, meeting coordination across various time zones, promotion support and individual research when required.
- Capable of comprehending and enhancing standard operating procedures for the Global Sales Operations team.
- Represent BioLegend in a positive and professional manner.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree. Biological science is a plus, but not required.
- 1-2 years in Sales or Customer Service role. Biotech is a plus.
- Computer proficiency with ability to use Microsoft Office products is required.
- Ability to deal with high volume of communications (email, phone, and in person).
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred)
- Experience with Customer Relations Management Systems (SalesForce preferred)
- Experience with intermediate to advanced techniques in Excel (i.e. Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPS, Macros)
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.