Sodexo is seeking to hire an experienced Grounds Manager for Grambling University – a 375-acre HBCU campus in north central Louisiana, in the heart of the small town of Grambling, five miles west of Ruston, 36 miles west of Monroe and 60 miles east of Shreveport. In addition to maintaining grounds, mowing, flower beds, etc., the Grounds Manager oversees campus events involving collaboration with Student Life, Parking and Transportation and Special Events.
ARE YOU THE ONE?
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 plus years of grounds maintenance supervisory experience;
- handled the maintenance of the greens, sports turf and snow removal;
- strong skills with hardscapes/paths, and sidewalks campus wide;
- working knowledge of chemicals and irrigation; Must have applicator license or obtain it within 1 year.
- success managing multiple hourly staff members.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Provides supervision for grounds maintenance and landscape development services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company.
Fulfills contractual obligations to the client.
- Driving the Zero Harm mindset
- Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
- Manages the budget by controlling costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, materials), complying with budget requirements and making adjustments when necessary.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.