Sodexo is seeking to hire an experienced Grounds Manager for Grambling University – a 375-acre HBCU campus in north central Louisiana, in the heart of the small town of Grambling, five miles west of Ruston, 36 miles west of Monroe and 60 miles east of Shreveport. In addition to maintaining grounds, mowing, flower beds, etc., the Grounds Manager oversees campus events involving collaboration with Student Life, Parking and Transportation and Special Events.
ARE YOU THE ONE?
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 plus years of grounds maintenance supervisory experience;
- handled the maintenance of the greens, sports turf and snow removal;
- strong skills with hardscapes/paths, and sidewalks campus wide;
- working knowledge of chemicals and irrigation; Must have applicator license or obtain it within 1 year.
- success managing multiple hourly staff members.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Provides supervision for grounds maintenance and landscape development services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company.
Fulfills contractual obligations to the client.
- Driving the Zero Harm mindset
- Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
- Manages the budget by controlling costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, materials), complying with budget requirements and making adjustments when necessary.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Employing over 6,500 people nationwide, SodexoMAGIC is a strategic partnership established for the creation of opportunities to provide food, housekeeping, facilities management, and related services that focus on three pillars.
- Food: We leverage the support of our renowned culinary experts and suppliers to offer innovative concepts, delicious items, and unique dishes geared toward our communities.
- Wellness: Not only do we focus on mindful culinary offers, but we also deliver programs with the goal of maintaining a balanced lifestyle, learning our bodies and staying fit both mentally and physically.
- Community: As we are the communities we serve, we find it most important to truly understand those we interact with daily. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we remain dedicated to the needs of those who make us who we are.
SodexoMAGIC is a joint venture formed in 2006, between Magic Johnson Enterprises, LLC and Sodexo. Mr. Johnson holds a 51% stake in the company and serves as Chairman, qualifying SodexoMAGIC as a NMSDC-certified Minority Owned Business.